Chapter 16

"We're accepting trainees from real-world and Arcadia, are you gonna register?"

A lady on a front desk asked when Kane approached her to apply for their Dojo.

"Yes! I'd like to register."

"Okay, it's 15,000 dollars for the whole month of training."

"It's online on Arcadia, right? Is it still 15,000 dollars?"

"Yes, because sometimes people suddenly preferred doing it in person after learning from the game. Because of that, we include both real life and in Arcadia in our package. Your food and transportation fees are also included."

"Wait a minute, food and transportation? How about the VR equipment that I'll be using?"

"Ah, that's another 20,000 dollars for rent."

Kane turned around and left. Just like what he did in the past 5 dojos that he entered.

'This is bad. At this point, I'll lose all the money I got from Arcadia.'

In desperation, Kane suddenly thought of something that might help him get proper training from a dojo. He looked at the names of Dojos that still remained on his list and saw that there were still 3 left. Cherrybloom Dojo, Gragas Family Academy, and Majima Dojo.

'Cherrybloom Dojo looked stupid. I'm gonna go there.'

He went to Cherrybloom and saw that it was no longer there. Instead, it was turned into a restaurant—the Chickenfighter. There was even a poster for a job opening.

'No, you're not gonna fool me, this is a secret dojo, right?'

Kane went inside to check. He looked around like an inspector wannabe before sitting. The two staff managed the shop stared at him weirdly. One of them was Asian, while the other had both Asian and European features. There were a lot of seats, but only a few people sitting. For Kane, this shop was really doubtful.

He sat in one of the tables for almost an hour to check, but people just come to eat and then leave. One of the waiters, a young man who was most likely the same age as Kane, approached him.

"Sir, if you aren't gonna order, then you shou—"

"Ehem! Ummm... let me buy that, ah, this got a fancy name. People must've liked this. Let me buy, Salted Fish Belly."

As soon as the waiter approached him, Kane grabbed the menu on the table and ordered a set that he has been eyeing. The waiter gave Kane a fake smile before leaving. He turned around and proceeded to the kitchen while cringing at what Kane said.

'People must've liked this? Dumbass, it's just the cheapest on the menu.'

In just a few minutes, Kane got his order and saw that it was a medium-sized fish, sliced in half, along with a cup of rice. Kane got excited as the food looked decent. He took his utensils and then shoved a spoonful on his mouth.

"Blegh! *Cough* *Cough*. IT FUCKING SUCKS."

Kane spewed the food back to his plate as it was the worst food that he ever tasted that the expired food was even better. Kane's suspicions arose.

'How could a restaurant be this bad?'

However, no matter how much he waited, it was really a diner and not a dojo. People just go in and go out because of the bad food. In fact, Kane was the only one who stayed. In the end, Kane left with 8,500 gak dollars in his bank account plus a minor stomachache.

He came out sluggish and looked at his list. The next on his list was a Dojo called the Gragas Family Academy.

'Eh? Isn't this a bit excessive? Why do they sound like a mafia family? Let's skip that.'