Chapter 36

"Area B12. Clear. Over."

"Area F9. Clear. Over."

Multiple white armored soldiers were roaming around a massive crater. A crater that was too big that it could already be as big as a continent.

The edges of the craters were filled with scorched buildings like they were all pushed to the side. The weather was strange as it rained snow outside because of the snowy plains while it was raining embers inside because of the burning crater.

Even the armored soldiers were odd as they were not your normal medieval armored soldiers. These guys were wearing futuristic white exosuits with high-end blasters in their hands. Is this Arcadia or reality?

"Area K14. Clear. Over."

"Area N11. Clear. Over."

Almost a thousand of them were scouting the place, but unknown to them, a cloaked person wearing green robes was digging on the ground. After a few seconds, that person found a black weapon handle covered with black radiating smoke on the buried underground. Upon seeing, the person immediately grabbed it.

[You equipped The Eternal Reaper]

[Rank: Divine Weapon]

[Level: 1000]

[Passive Skill: Devil's Incarnate]

[Devil's Incarnate: Negate a single attack from any demon]

[Cooldown: 120 Seconds]

That person immediately left the place, quietly, as their purpose was done.

***

At a Tavern in Herald City, Kane and Hallow decided to meet a few hours before the Centennial would depart.

"Did you give Maria the tickets?"

"Yes. All of them, including her sisters."

"Do you have more?"

"W-what? I almost handed out a hundred of them. Do you want more?"

"Yeah, sure. Give me everything you left."

[You received 2 Centennial Boarding Tickets]

Kane enthusiastically stood up and bowed at Hallow before leaving.

"Alright, thank you for everything! I need to prepare everything before I leave."

But Hallow grabbed his arm.

"Kane. Are you sure about what you're doing? Did you know that many people already tried to leave Herald Island, but none of them managed to do so except Paragons? Maria and her sisters were not exempted from this trend."

"I need to. I need to. Since it was my one and only quest."

"Goodluck, Kane. I hope you're not making the wrong decision just because you desperately wanted to clear a quest. It might not be that big for a Paragon like you. But people like us weren't immortals. Lastly, since you're trying to hide your name, you can create an alias to change the name showing above your head."

Kane did a final nod at Hallow before leaving for the marketplace. Just like in Miranda Kingdom, Kane used most of his gold buying scrolls and potions.

Suddenly, Kane leaned toward the merchant to whisper.

"By the way, do you also have some kind of delivery service?"

"Ah, yes. What's with the secrecy? Of course, we do that. Some people buy large items, and we carry and deliver it for them."

The merchant was flustered and disappointed that Kane whispered just to ask for something trivial like delivery service and not some kind of shady contraband items.