Chapter 30

From trivial reasons up to substantial reasons, Players played the game for many different reasons. It may be because you're bored, just like Kane. Or maybe they're only hardcore gamers that felt alive in playing Arcadia. And then there were these players—the players who played for vengeful reasons.

[ID: Chaos Revenant]

A Korean man spawned at the Herald City and quickly ran toward the street with his default clothes on like he already knew what was supposed to happen. Maria tried to bump him, but the young lad dodged her and immediately kicked the thugs in the face before the Quest even commenced.

The thugs tried to fight back, but the Asian man deliberately standing beside the fences before dodging. Because of that, the thugs were hitting the wooden panels instead.

Not only he knew what he was doing, but he was also young, tall, and handsome that his face looked like he came from the male leads of a comic book. Strong, tall, handsome, with pale skin. He was a man close to perfection. However, these characteristics of him were ruined by his stern stare as he defeated his opponents.

Maria approached him and thanked him. But the man shrugged just nodded at her to continue the Quest. While Maria was talking to him, the Asian Paragon collected the fallen panels from the broken fences. Maria ended talking the same time as the man finished picking the materials like it was perfectly timed. The next Quest prompted, and the man immediately left. That man was Chaos Revenant. The man who vowed to turn the world of Arcadia upside down.

After leaving the scene, Chaos Revenant proceeded to the market to sell the wood that he collected. But before he reached the market, Chaos Revenant was distracted at the sight of a semi-naked madman ranting in the middle of the Town Square.

"Aaaaahhhh!! I've been waiting here since forever! Why the fuck there was still no quest?! Stupid developers! Call maria again!"

Chaos Revenant ignored him and continued finishing his Tutorial Questline.

***

The so-called [Herald City Questline] or the Tutorial Questline was the first series of quests that every Player must encounter. Otherwise, they could never leave the Herald Island.

Because of Arcadia's XP reduction rule regarding killing the same monsters over and over again, Players barely reached LVL 50 even if they stayed the Herald Island for years. This forced them to finish the Tutorial Questline and leave the island.

It would start by bumping into Maria and saving her from the thugs. Maria would explain her situation to the Player. She and her sisters were sold to the Debt Collectors, who were also Human Traders, by their father under immense debt.

That encounter would initiate the [Debt Collectors] Questline about tracking down and stopping the underground organization hidden in Herald City.

Continuing the Quest would teach the Player how things worked in Arcadia, like how to interact with merchants, taverns, libraries, and so on.

The Player would eventually meet Perry, who was another NPC and a mother of a researcher from the Capital. This old lady would be the one to tell the Player that they were superior beings called Paragons. These beings may look like Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and other species, but Paragons were immortals and could grow infinitely.

Perry would show the Player her magical pendant that could detect Paragons and Paragon made weapons. This would start the [Paragon] Questline. Perry would request the Player to meet her at night. But their encounter at night ended brutally as the Player would find Perry being eaten by a black-skinned monster with human-like features.