Chapter 22

"Are you that person?"

Kane couldn't find an answer to his question while being rained down by flaming arrows. The remaining Familiars were trying to protect him. But in the end, Kane couldn't finish the Tower by just relying on the familiars.

BANG!

He fired a shot at Axel, but just as what Kane expected, his summoned monsters were sacrificing themselves for him.

With no other choice, Kane dashed forward, leaving his Familiars behind. Using his incredible movement speed, Kane tried to pass through the horde of monsters.

"Ack!"

Unfortunately, it wasn't possible as a centaur managed to chase him and axed his back. Outrunning these monsters who had horse-like features was no longer an option.

Kane slid down and faced the centaur by slicing its leg. It fell down in one shot, and Kane finished it by decapitation. After that, he took the large axe beside the fallen monster.

[You acquired Axel's Summoned Axe LVL 50]

[Warning: Your level is too low to wield this weapon.]

[Item cannot be equipped]

[The item's skills and bonuses will be locked until you reached the level requirement.]

Kane still took the battleaxe and shoved it into the front lines. Although the stats of the weapon were massively toned down, the axe was still long and big enough to create a path for Kane to pass through the crowd of monsters.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Axel shot at him a couple of times, but Kane dodged them all. Suddenly, Axel pointed his hand at Kane. Seeing it, Kane immediately anticipated something was about to happen that he wobbled to the right.

KKRRRTTT!

Blue energy surrounded Axel's hand. One second later, Lighting came out and was fired at Kane. Luckily, Kane managed to dodge since he predicted that something would happen. Yet, he was still surprised.

"The Fuck? He has summons, then guns, and now even lightning?"

"Fool. Before I became the famed summoner in the continent, I was a Master Wizard first!"

BANG!

Kane was placed in a stalemate. He can't shoot Axel, nor can move before because of the horde right in front of him. Also, Kane noticed that he doesn't level up no matter how many he killed, so hoping for new skills if he leveled up wasn't an option.

Earlier, Kane managed to dodge all the projectiles that were thrown at him. But now, some of the Flasks and arrows were not landing on Kane. The monsters don't even care if their companions will be hit by the projectiles just to hit Kane.

With the combination of the horde of monsters in front of him, Axel's guns and lightning, the arrows, and the flask bombs, Kane couldn't do anything but to focus on dodging.

'H-how can I win this? I forgot to count, but I think I only have a few minutes left from my Speedrun title.'

While dodging, Kane accidentally caught one of the arrows.

'Wait. I can utilize this.'

Kane dropped the arrow and continued running away. This time, Kane collected some of the flasks that were falling down on him. The King momentarily stopped attacking as he noticed Kane was doing something.

'What is this young one doing now?'

After collecting a couple of items, Kane hurled all the flasks in the middle of the room.