Chapter 35

After Kane freed the vengeful soul, multiple notifications popped up.

[Both the living and the dead applaud your actions.]

[FAME increased by 10.]

[Herald City Reputation increased by 100.]

[CB on all Herald City residents increased by 50.]

[You can now buy equipment with a 20% discount with any store owner in Herald City.]

[New waypoint found: Gravestone of the Forgotten Woman.]

"Woah! OMG?! I just made a waypoint that everybody could use!"

"I can't believe it happened," a man spoke.

Because he was too busy with the notifications, he didn't notice Detective Hallow closing in.

"I can't believe it finally happened. You solved the everlasting murder cases that were happening in this town."

"Everlasting cases?"

"It was always like this. A Paragon would find this magical cave and capture a certain criminal named Boogie and defeat the same black monster. After the situation subsided, they'll just find another Boogie to replace the captured one. Another monster would also resurface since it was just a spirit. Until it was freed, it will always come back. But you put a stop to all of it."

"I put a stop to all of it?"

"As I've said, that woman's spirit was freed. She will no longer come back ever again. As for the Boogies, this was the first time we actually found the magical cave. When it was always cleared by the past Paragons and reported the situation, the cave was already moved. But since your companions were left inside. The cave failed to move that the Townsfolk managed to find it. No Boogie would ever appear inside this island ever again."

Kane could somehow understand the situation.

The game was programmed this way for players to take the Tutorial Questline. Facing Boogie and the monsters were required, and this was their set up.

Every time Boogie and the creature were killed, the cave would be moved. Another Boogie and another monstrous woman would come out so that all of the newbies could take the Tutorial Questline.

But things were about to change as Kane freed the spirit, and the cave was now fully under the control of the Herald City officials. But this was just fine since it was just a game, and Arcanos could easily change them and reset the events. Or maybe they can't?

"Detective. When you're saying about THEY? Who are you referring to? The creators? Arcan-Eh-Gods of this game?"

"Kane. Let me give you a tip."

Detective Hallow approached Kane before whispering on his ear while handing out a letter.

"Be careful, Kane. It might kill you if you asked those questions at the wrong person. It might kill you even in the other world. THEY might kill you."

Kane's eyes were opened wide as he a shock had just entered his body.

'What the fuck?! Wasn't this guy an NPC?'

[You received Melo's Letter]

Hallow handed out Melo's letter at Kane before leaving the flustered Paragon. After a few seconds, Kane finally regained his composure.

"I don't mind not getting back my reputation in Herald City. But as a reward, can I ask for a favor?"

Hallow paused for a moment before looking back to answer.