Chapter 37

While Kane and the others were crossing the Heraldian Ocean, the whole world was so focused on a pivotal event that would topple the existing factions within Arcadia. The Players, Celebrities, Streamers, or even Arcanos Employees themselves were all watching the event occurring in a place called the Red Border.

"Yaaahhhhh!!"

"Charge!!"

It became the Red Border because of the bloodshed produced from constant clashes between Princess Morgana's forces and Warlord Tetsuya's forces.

In Arcadia's main storyline, the world became peaceful when Emperor Synderium subjugated almost half of the planet under his rule. He might have started being a tyrant, but he gradually became a kind ruler loved by everyone.

But since he was just a human, his empire fell apart upon his death. His sons, daughters, wives, mistresses, patriots, and other political figures ended up in a political power struggle that formed countless deaths and wars.

This was the story that was made in Arcadia to satisfy the violence of the human race. Since people could unleash their violence in the game, the real world became peaceful.

Arcadia never changed to the violent nature of humans. Arcadia just hid it by satisfying the people with its flashy battles.

Two of the great Emperor's successors were the Queen of Lavenderia Kingdom, Princess Morgana Synderium, and the former King and Commander of the Royal Corps, Warlord Tetsuya.

Princess Morgana Synderium was the kind and beautiful white-haired daughter of great Emperor Synderium. She had many allies at the start because of her unnatural beauty. But those allies immediately abandoned her upon realizing that she wasn't a dumb woman and didn't have any plans to marry them.

One of the men who tried to marry her was the Emperor's best friend and right-hand man, Warlord Tetsuya. Upon the Emperor's death, Tetsuya's faction was quickly decimated by other factions. They believed that they needed to stop him since he was the most appropriate man to succeed in the Emperor's position.

Upon his defeat, he immediately tried to marry Morgana to save both of their factions but ended up getting rejected. Years later, Tetsuya gradually managed to regain his forces while Morgana slowly lost her allies.

In the end, the Princess took refuge in her Lavendria Kingdom's last fortress, the Sunflower Hive. The Red Border was the last obstacle that was preventing Tetsuya from invading the Sunflower Hive.

Princess Morgana managed to hold on up until this time. However, things were about to change as one of Tetsuya's strongest commanders came back.

Morgana's forces, soldiers that had petals drawn in their armors, have seen successfully managed to defend the fortress using a magical trench. This tactic has been working for years that no one could pass through until this day when a man from the sky dived down on them.

KABOOM!

A red shockwave was emitted from the impact that it instantly dissolved all of the affected soldiers. Out of the red smoke, only one man came out. It was Vulcan, the 80th Ranker in the Global Rankings.

"I-It's... It's Vulcan! Vulcan is hea—ack!"

Morgana's soldiers tried to run away from the Paragon, but they were killed by arrows from their own allies. Even Vulcan was being showered by the arrows, but they were not dealing any damage to him.

"Pathetic. You're just killing each other this way."

"We'll die for our lady!!"

But the Knights never cared. They'll die for the master that they were serving. In just a second, the Knights didn't even realize that Vulcan already pierced their chest. It was too fast that they realized it late that they were already dead."