Chapter 14

The rain was pouring hard on a group of people sitting on the rough and sandy ground, trying to rest. They were the surviving members of the party. The floor that they were sitting on was actually the ocean floor. All of the water was evaporated by Xvin's INFERNO that eventually produced the rain.

Everyone was exhausted. But despite being tired, the group was still wary of a person sitting a little bit away from the group. Kane was also trying to cope with the situation while mumbling.

'Look at these little shits. I was the one who thought about those bullet missiles. But why are they looking at me like that? It was like they were stabbing me with those stares.'

Suddenly, he heard some footsteps approaching him. Kane immediately took his sword on the ground.

"That is not necessary."

Xvin said as soon as he approached Kane. He continued.

"Even if you did that, you're no match against me."

"Really? Wanna try?"

Xvin and Kane glared at each other. But Kane's leg was still shaking because of the intense battle. Xvin saw it. He slightly bowed at Kane.

"I heard what happened. I'm here to express my thanks for saving us."

All of the other guild members started whispering to each other.

"What did he say? That idiot saved us?"

"Yeah? The fuck? All he did was to run."

Ryore, while breaking some twigs, answered them.

"Apparently, that guy found out about how the Horrors managed to survive the attacks. Also, he's the one who told Pixie to try out her abilities."

Murmurs started echoing in the whole room.

"Is that so?"

"Really? That low-leveled dude?"

"Who is he?"

Ryore scratched his head with contempt.

"I hate to admit it, but yeah, he did that."

Xvin ignored the murmurs and also sat in front of Kane.

"What are you planning now?"

"Are you guys gonna kill me like on the lower floors?"

"Sorry about that. We don't know your intentions. We still don't know your intentions but you did help us clear this Red Gate. A lot of us leveled up because of you."

'WHAT THE HELL?!?! THEY LEVELED UP? I DIDN'T EVEN GET ANYTHING AT ALL!'

Because Kane only ran away the whole battle, he didn't get any XP or item at all. His contribution was less than 1% compared to the efforts of the guild. With that, his only choice was to demand something.

"Alright, if you're serious about thanking me, then at least give me all the loot and answer my questions."

Xvin was triggered.

'Wow, look at this little shit.'

But he maintained the fake smile on his face.

"I can't give you all the loot. This is something that can't be decided by myself. Instead, I'll give you all of my shares. As for your questions, I'll answer all of them if I can."

"Firstly, why did you attack me?"

"We thought you're from some guild that was hired to sabotage our raid. People would easily misunderstand if someone would suddenly use a torch in a dark room instead of using SCANNING abilities. But then, since you're level 8, I understand."