Chapter 8

Still, on the uncharted snowy land inside Arcadia, Kane, Bastion, and the Knight walked away from the battlefield, where Bastion quickly wiped out the whole mob of monsters.

While Bastion and the Knight were wearing extremely expensive and powerful items, Kane was wearing the shitty items that he looted from his fallen party members.

The three were given a chance to talk to each other for a few minutes. But after that, Nethalion arrived. The whole place started shaking.

A white light enveloped the Knight, and wings appeared on his back. He jumped high to the sky and started flying toward the battle.

"I'm going first."

To follow him, Bastion started running toward the ruined city. Kane tried to follow him, but it only proved that his title being that fastest traveler alive was a sham.

The Knight managed to reach the battle just to see his three other friends fighting against the Nethalion, the Titan with the appearance of a Gigantic black-scaled humanoid with enormous wings on its back.

One of his friends was already severely injured and was being carried away by another one. While they were running to safety, the other member, a red-haired female mage, fired several massive fireballs at the Winged-Titan to give them time.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The lady was constantly firing flaming arrows and fireballs at Nethalion to help her teammates run away. But she was only holding the Titan back. Those kinds of attacks will never damage the great Nethalion. However, that doesn't mean that the Titan cannot be damaged as there were already many scars on his body.

The Titan grinned before dashing toward the lady.

The mage jumped backward and created a couple of magical barriers in front of her. Nethalion quickly destroyed the obstacles with the help of his massive wings, but it did impede his speed.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Upon destroying all of her barriers, the Titan slashed the mage with his sharp claws.

CLANG!

Just in time, the Knight appeared and blocked the attack with his shield. But it was still strong enough to push, both him and the mage, backward. Both of them were hurled through three abandoned buildings.

Before going to the fourth one, the mage created a spherical barrier that broke their momentum.

The Titan crouched down and took a peek at them from the holes of the abandoned buildings that they went through. Nethalion's eyes widened upon seeing that his opponents were unharmed.

Nethalion aimed his hands at them and fired lasers. The Knight placed his shield in front while the mage created multiple layers of spherical barriers to prepare for the attack.

BAAAMM!

Smoke quickly enveloped the area upon impact.

The Titan walked forward to check on them. But he felt something was coming.

SHING!

Bastion appeared and tried to slice the Titan's neck. But thanks to his heightened senses, the Titan managed to dodge by stepping back. Nethalion tried to fire lasers at Bastions, but Bastion could deflect all of them using his magical dagger.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Seeing that nothing was working, the Titan suddenly stopped firing lasers and crouched down. His black skin started turning red along with his veins.