Chapter 17

Dreyer, along with other players, woke up in the middle of the beach with a large ship destroyed in half, behind him. While trying to regain his footing, he observed that there were over a hundred ships that were crashed on the same beach.

[Royal Knights Quest Updated]

[Reach the Miranda Kingdom]

'Damn, what a hassle. They wouldn't let us easily go to the Kingdom.'

Suddenly, he heard something chirping. Dreyer thought it was supposed to be a chick, but what kind of chick has a shadow that was even bigger than the crashed ship.

Dreyer's eyes widened upon seeing the grotesque appearance of a gigantic three-headed chicken right in front of him. Not only that, human-sized worms were coming from the holes in the chicken's body like the chicken was already dead and decaying, yet, it was moving right in front of them.

Bizzare arrival of other infested monsters prompted the players, including Dreyer, to run toward the jungle. What the players didn't know was that there were far more dangerous threats in the woods than dealing with a bunch of infected monsters.

***

After a few days of collaborating with Kane, the GM15 guild finally reached the final obstacle to reach the 50th floor. At WALLACE TOWER 49th floor, Xvin, Ryore, their Guild Members, and Kane were all standing in front of a giant statue of a long-haired elderly man wearing magical robes. Xvin muttered.

"This is it."

Xvin already completed this tower before. Therefore, he knew what kind of battle will they be facing. However, he knew that it will still be as hard as his first try.

"Once we stepped on that pedestal in the center, that guy will start moving. Since only one person needs to step on that plate, which is Kane, then the rest of us will have to position ourselves around the room."

The attack pattern of the Boss of the 49th Floor was categorized into three parts.

The first part will initiate as soon as someone stepped on the pedestal. For the first 5 seconds, the Boss would summon his magical staff. During those 5 seconds, everyone could unleash their skills without repercussions.

However, as soon as the 5 seconds ended, the Boss will immediately slam its staff on the ground and will teleport and will slash the person that stepped on the plate.

The attack could deal so much damage that it could one-hit low leveled players like Kane. However, Kane could easily dodge that with his high movement speed.

After that attack, the Boss would move on to other players and attack with his staff. All the attacks on the first part were dodgeable if people just observed the movement of the rod.

The second part would commence as soon as the HP of the Boss dropped to half. This time, in addition to the attack pattern of the first part, the Boss would unleash lasers and meteors from the ceiling. This part required the players to look at both the staff and the ceiling to dodge all the attacks.

When his HP dropped down to 25%, the last part would start, and the Boss would enter his Enraged Status. All of the damage dealt by the Boss would increase up to 300%, and its attacks would be a lot faster.

In addition to that, it will summon some soldiers made of mud. They were only level 20 and could be defeated in one hit. Despite dealing very little damage to the players, these mud soldiers were still dangerous because of their ability to push players toward the Boss' attacks. However, for Kane's case, even if it was just pushing, he could die.

Unlike the Fallen Monkey of the Fruit Eye Cave, this Boss was already encountered by millions of players for over a decade. Almost everyone knew its attack pattern, and you could obtain this information everywhere. Despite knowing its attack pattern, players found it hard to defeat this Boss because of the sheer number of stuff they have to watch out.