Chapter 38

Onboard the Centennial, Kane was about to enter a room in which a mandatory meeting is being held. While walking, Kane decided to change his alias.

[ID: Cain]

"Hehe! Now that's me, but it wasn't me!"

The making of an alias was supposed to be tackled within the tutorial questline that Kane skipped. Every Player could create their alias that would be showing on top of their heads. However, their original ID, such as Kane250, would be recorded forever in the system. If a Player had a skill that could thoroughly scan a Paragon, Kane's original ID would still show up.

Kane walked down through the stairs and saw the Royal Guards standing at the door. Kane approached the guard on the left first.

"Ehem. Is this where my meeting is being held?"

Kane tried so hard to sound classy.

"Yes, sir. It's about to start."

"Huh? About to start? I intentionally slacked off earlier so that this meeting was about to end when I enter."

"Mr. Paragon, this meeting is very important. That is why it will never start unless all of the Paragons entered."

"W-What? Really? I wonder if those shitholes were waiting for me?"

Kane kicked the door open.

BOG!

"HEY YO WAZZU—"

Upon entering, he was welcomed at the murderous sight of hundreds of irritated Paragons looking at him. Kane turned around and was about to leave, but the door was suddenly closed by the guards. Kane leaned on the door to whisper.

"Hey... psst! You shitty guard. Let me out! I didn't know there are a hundred people in this room! They might kill me!"

"Good luck, sir."

"What do you mean, good luck? Psst! Hey! Open up!"

Kane stopped whining upon realizing that he heard the guard loud and clear. It denoted that the Players probably heard the words that Kane said before he entered.

With no other choice, Kane turned around and confidently walked through the crowd of irked Paragons.

"Look at this fucker, we waited for almost an hour because one guy was too lazy to enter."

"That idiot. He thinks he's important."

"That equipment, either he's just probably below level 10, or he's too poor to buy items."

"Can we just kill him? I feel like I want to."

Kane had to endure the murderous gazes of the people while passing through the crowd. He tried to pretend courageous by looking at them in the eyes despite that his own eyes were shaking. But while looking at them, he noticed that some people nearly had the same ID as his.

[ID: Cain]

[ID: Caine]

[ID: Kayne]

[ID: Kain]

[ID: Kane]

'Would you look at these. These are the culprits behind the 250 in my ID.'

"Big bro!"

Kane suddenly stopped. He looked at the direction where it came from and saw Juanito waving at him.

'THE FUCK?! WHY IS HE WAVING AT ME, DIDN'T HE KNOW THESE GUYS HAD ENOUGH?!'

But the young Player failed to notice the grim atmosphere. Juanito proceeded to walk toward Kane. Since he was cornered, Kane just accepted Juanito's help and started walking through the bunch of mad Paragons to reach him.