8. Flying Solo (part 2.)

"Guys you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie says. 

"But we're not alone." Reggie starts. Me and Luke stand up and go over to join him. "Cause we always have each other!" We all wrap our arms around each other and smile. (i am so sorry for destroying the ruke moment. MY RUKE HEART UGH)

Julie groans at the moment and moves over to unplug a fender.

"B-but we had the volume level on one." Luke stutters.

"But we rocked it on volume ten." Reggie says. "You want us to play it again?" 

She looks at them, unamused. She makes eye contact with Luke and unplugs the amp. She drops the cord like a mic.

"I really don't think she does." Luke whispers.

"No." Reggie whispers back, putting his bass on the stand.

"We've been waiting for you to get home." Luke blurted. "Okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier and.." without me, thanks. Luke points to Reggie, cueing him to pat his legs as a drumroll. I decide to join in even though I don't know what it's for. "We wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve!" Oh.. I mean I'm down. "And, no, you're not dreaming."

"Oh.." Julie sighs.

"Oh.. um. Oh, she said 'oh.' Um.." Luke chuckles awkwardly. "That's what you say when you gets socks on your birthday, not when your invited to join the most epic band ever!"

"Sorry, I'm honored. But I can't think about anything but Flynn right now." She says. "She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back." 

"Yeah, you're in a tough spot." I commented, not really getting it.

"Yeah.." Reggie sighs.

"So you wanna join the band?" Luke asks.

"Read the room, dude." Julie scoffs as she starts walking out of the studio.

"Oh come on!" Luke uttered. "We need you, and you need us because you need music. We found this poem that you wrote-"

"No, I didn't." I cut him off. He cuts his eyes at me and continues.

"-And Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome." Julie slowly turns around and stares at him.

"Where did you find that?" She questions. He looks at her as his eyebrows raise. He double takes between Reggie and I and pulls me in front of him.

"Uh.. definitely not in your dream box.." He mumbles. My eyes go wide. Well, goodbye Luke. Guess you're getting killed today. Again.

"You went through my stuff?!" She yells. I jump out of the way, genuienly scared of the girl.

"I-I know but.." He runs around the piano, trying to get away.

"Yeah we can do that now!" Reggie adds.

"No, you can't!" She barked.

"Bad idea." I whisper to Reggie. He just shrugs at me.

"No. No you can't!" Julie glowered, running after Luke, trying to snatch the paper away. "Boundaries! Give it back!"

"No!" Luke hops up on the piano bench. "Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you are. Okay? Listen to this. If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too."

And my life, my life would be real low, zero. Flying solo without you. (oh-oh!)

"It's a killer melody." Luke smiles.