22. Stand Tall (part 2.)

(double update fo today bc i had this one pre-written :))

"Well don't you look nice?" Caleb says, walking down the stairs to us.

"Sweet threads." Reggie breathes.

"How-how'd you know our sizes?" Alex questions.

"That's your question?" Luke scolds.

"I know you guys aren't my biggest fans." Caleb starts. "And an eternity at my club may seem overwhelming. But.. I just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch."

He hands his nail file over to his assistant, and starts talking again.

"Now for starters.." here we go with a whole speech. "isn't it nice how you're all here together? And believe me, everything you want, including Willie, is here." okay, this man did not just target my brother. "And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops." he starts his way over to me. "You soak in the applause for as long as you want." he gets right in my face as he fixes my hair, brushing it behind my shoulders. His cologne smells good.. that's besides the point. "The connection that you feel with that audience will be like no other. I promise." The crowd starts cheering, loud as can be. "Oh, shh, do you hear that? They're waiting for you."

A jolt goes through us, making us double over while groaning. These are getting really bad.

"That one looked like it hurt." Caleb winces. Well no duh. "Now, let me remind you. You don't know if playing the Orpheum is your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake? I suggest.. you accept my offer, because the clock is ticking."

Another jolt buzzes through. Why are these becoming more and more frequent?

"Ouch!" Caleb mimicks. "You know where to find me." He then brushes through a curtain of blue streamers, ready to perform. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back! Hello, hello, hello!" (bold/ italics are emerson singing with/ without others !)

You know you wanna take a chance, and be a little bit bad. Ain't nothing quite like livin' on the edge. So get ready to go.

I'm chasing down a thrill, and looking fit to kill. So listen to the words a wise man said. He said "Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse." Ha!

He comes over, singing directly at us. We start moving with the beat slightly.

You got nothing to lose boys, lose, lose, lose. 

Alex starts twirling his drum stick in the air, forced.

"No." I whisper.

You got nothing to lose boys, lose, lose, lose. You got nothing to looose, Alex.

Caleb somehow poofs Alex onto the drum stool, Alex playing a completely forced drum solo.

Show me what you got! 

Reggie then poofs, doing a bass solo.

"Reg." I whisper.

Dum, dum, dum. Reggie. Swing it, baby! Ooh! Now Luke, yeah!

Luke raises his guitar as Caleb makes him play, while Luke tries to resist it.