17. Edge Of Great (part 2.)

I wake up to Alex shaking me slightly. I go to roll to my other side, since I'm on my back, but I groan in pain as I remember what I did yesterday.

"Ow.." I mumble. Alex helps me off the couch and I sulk over to my pile of clothes, picking up Luke's Nirvana shirt and my jeans which have now dried. I go into the bathroom and change, fixing my hair into another low messy bun. When I walk back out, Reggie's in the studio talking to Alex. "What's up?"

"Ray booked us a gig." Reggie explains.

"Oh, cool! Where?" I ask.

"Here." My face falls slightly. "Julie's throwing a small party outside the studio tonight."

"Oh.. okay." I smile. "Where's Luke?"

"He went to Julie's school to talk to her." Alex says. I nod, climbing up to the loft. I rummage through the pile of stuff, trying to find my songbook. It's nowhere to be found. Uh oh.

"Uh, guys?!" I yell down to the boys.

"Yeah?" Reggie yells back.

"There was a notebook up here and it was painted blue on the front." I say. "Have you guys seen it?"

"Uh, no?" Alex shakes his head side to side. I look at Reggie as he does the same thing. I know Reggie's telling the truth because that boy cannot keep a secret. That must mean Luke found it.

Oh. My. God. 

Luke found my songbook. No, no, no. 

I poof downstairs, pacing back and forth.

"You okay?" Alex follows my movements with his eyes.

"No, Alex. I'm not okay." I snap. "I'm sorry, it's just.. I had a songbook up in the loft, completely hidden. And Luke found it. That's not good."

"What's the worst Luke could do?" He asks me.

"Oh, I don't know.. Maybe read everything in it! Then he would show it to Julie, and she'd want to perform it and-" I ramble.

"Emerson." He cuts me off. "Calm down. It's okay." before he can say anything else, Luke poofs into the studio. I stop pacing and look at him slowly.

"..what?" Luke asks, confused as to why I'm looking at him like this.

"Luke.." I start, calmly. "Did you find my songbook?"

"Uh.. no.." His eyes go wide.

"How much did you read?" I ask.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Only like two pages. Star Shopping and Edge of Great." He explains. Oh thank god. I brush off any anger I had.

"Okay, nevermind then. Can I have it back though..?" I sigh.

"Y-yeah.. here." He pulls it out of his waistband handing it to me. I poof up to the loft, putting it away. When I come down, Luke goes and grabs his guitar, sitting down on a chair next to the couch, playing random things. Soon enough, Reggie joins in, sitting down with his bass. Alex then joins too, tapping his drum sticks on his leg. I sit down opposite of Luke on another chair. We hear a thud at the studio doors, so we change our attention to that. We see Willie looking through the windows at us.

"Again? What's that all about?" Reggie questions.

"I don't know.." Alex trails off, standing up. He quickly poofs away so he can catch Willie. I run over to the door, wanting to eavesdrop. All I hear is this.

"You know, I thought we were having fun together." Alex mutters.

"We never should of met." Willie mumbles. I see all emotion drain from Alex's face. Oh my god, that even hurt me.