21. Stand Tall (part 1.)

It's the next morning and we're outside the Orpheum, praying the plan is working.

"Look, don't worry guys." Alex starts. "Willie said he'd do it all in time."

"This is gonna work, right?" Reggie asks.

"It has to." Luke answers.

"It better." I say. "We don't have another option."

We all feel yet another jolt course through us, and this time it jolted our wrists too. We all groan and hunch over in pain. I manage not to fall this time, so that's good.. I guess.

"Hey are you guys okay?" Willie poofs in behind us. We turn over to him, still slightly hunched over.

"Yeah." Alex sighs. "Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before. How'd it go?"

"Well, when that opening band wakes up.." Willie turns to show us the jacket he stole from the band. Downslide Tour. "They're gonna find their bus 200 miles outside of Vegas with no chance of getting back in time."

"That means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freaking out." Luke says.

"Nah, this is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional." Willie excuses.

"I highly doubt that, but I'll go with what you said." I laugh. Alex takes a step towards Willie, making me grab Reggie and Luke's arms so they turn their backs. "Act like you aren't listening."

"So, how's the weather?" Reggie jokes. We chuckle at his comment. Soon, I hear something behind us, so I look over my shoulder and I see Alex engulfing Willie into a hug.

"Aw." I whisper. The boys follow my sight and they see the same thing. They pull away, and we turn our backs once again looking at the surroundings. I hear Willie skate away, so I turn around to face Alex once again.

"Alex, you alright man?" Reggie asks. He spins around to us, sighing.

"Yeah." Alex clears his throat. "Yeah, I'm okay." 

"Well thanks to Willie, Panic! At The Disco needs an opening band." Luke says.

"Well then I guess someone up there needs to know we're available." Alex chuckles. We all poof up into the office and we immediately hear shouting.

"Stop saying the bus drove itself!" The man shouts, slamming the phone repeatedly on the desk.

"Yeah, Willie was right. This guy's a total pro." Reggie speaks up. We all chuckle at his comment, getting prepared to put our plan into action.

"Alright, guys." Luke starts. "Let the magic happen. Mercer's, no dancing." Alex immediately jumps into first position, me following, as we dance around the desk. He goes behind the girl and flicks his wrist out, knocking over a cup of pens. I buy us some time, flicking my ankle, kicking the pens everywhere. She gasps then grumbles in annoyance, leaning over to clean it up. While she does that, I quickly write down Julie's number on a piece of paper while Luke pulls up our Edge Of Great video. Alex and Reggie stand behind Luke, satisfied smiles on their faces. As soon as I write the last digit, the girl starts to lean back up.

"Tasha, get me CJ. Tell him I need a band to open in three hours." The man scolds.

"Sure, but you might wanna check this out." Tasha smirks. We cheer, me and Alex doing our handshake.

"What? I'll call you back." The man slams the phone onto the desk again, walking over to Tasha.

"Somehow this video started playing on my laptop." She says. "It's got half a million hits in just two days."