12. The Other Side Of Hollywood (part 2.)

We all give a standing ovation. That was amazing. Reggie's focus is on a girl in pink, leaning back and winking at him. I chuckle and hit Luke's shoulder once again, which leads him to pull Reggie up with the rest of us.

"This is so cool." Reggie says once the crowd calms down.

"I knew I recognized him!" I voice. "He bumped into me outside the Orpheum."

"Wait isn't he that magician dude that died a horrible death doing a trick?" Reggie questions.

"Yeah, I wouldn't really bring that up when we meet him." Alex notes.

"Yeah, but you guys should come back one he shows one of his movies." Willie chimes in. "I mean, for Titanic, he literally floods the entire place. I mean, the guy has got skills."

"Alright, but he can wave his arms and make ghosts visible to lifers?" Luke asks.

"I told you, the guy's got skills." Willie responds.

"So where'd he go?" Reggie looks around. I feel a presence on my right, so I turn quickly to see Caleb.

"Found him." I say, smiling. I straighen my posture while doing so. The boys follow my lead, straightening their posture and Luke hops off our table where he was sitting.

"Hello." He says. "Caleb Covington. Welcome to the Hollywood Ghost Club. Enjoying the show?"

"Yo that was.. I mean.. did you.. like wh-" Luke stumbles, still speechless.

"I know." Caleb chuckles at the boy.

"Right?" Luke sighs in content. 

"This is Alex, Emerson, Luke, and Reggie." Willie lists, introducing us.

"Yeah, it's really nice to meet you." Alex chimes in. 

"Yes it is!" I add.

"Sup." Reggie greets.

"The pleasure is mine." Caleb smiles. "Nothing warms my heart more than sharing this magic with new friends. Please, sit. Sit."

"Uh, thank you for the invite." Alex points. 

"Of course, of course!" Caleb says. "Now, my friend Willie tells me that you have some magic of your own." Alex clears his throat at his words.

"Well.. Willie and I?" Oh no, I can already tell where this is going. I rest  my forehead on Luke's shoulder to prevent myself from laughing out loud. "I mean, I wouldn't really call it magic, but, I mean.."

"Oh, no. He means your ghost abilities." Willie explains. "You know, like, to be seen by everybody when you play with Julie."

"No, totally..." Alex starts. "Right. No. Cause when you said it, I was like, 'is that what he said?' Cause.." I take my head off of Luke's shoulder now that Alex calmed down.

"Yeah, but we can't really, uh, wave our arms and do all this magic stuff." Luke chimes in.

"Well I've had some practice." Caleb comments. "Our gifts are so rare, so special. It's not often I come across other spirits who possess similar talents. It's no surprise we found each other."

"Yeah, that definitely.." Luke trails off.

"If you'll forgive me, I gotta go pay the bills, if you know what I'm saying. I'll be back later to chat." Caleb then stands up, patting both Alex and I's shoulders. The waiter takes away his chair after him.

"I love that dude!" Reggie says. "Please tell me this party's never gonna end."

"This place," I motion around us. "is so rad. Wouldn't it be sick to play here?"

~ nothing to lose : a luke patterson book ~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें