9. I Got the Music (part 1.)

I just woke up from a nap on the couch. I lay there for a little bit before getting up. I go over to the bag of clothes and grab another one of Luke's sleeveless shirts. It's a black Sunset Curve shirt with white lettering. I look over to him, who is sitting on a chair next to the couch.

"Luke?" I call. He looks over to me and immediately nods, knowing what I was asking.

"You know you don't have to ask, right?" He chuckles. I smile at him and go into the bathroom and change. I take off Alex's hoodie and bunch it up, getting ready to throw it at him. I slip on Luke's shirt and run my fingers through my hair, acting as a brush. I open the door, and see Luke and Reggie standing at the piano, with a paper in their hands and Julie watering plants. I put Alex's hoodie next to my pile and walk over to them.

"What's that?" I ask.

"We're playing a school dance. Sweet!" Reggie cheers. I giggle at him.

"Cool!" I smile.

"It's not exactly the Strip.." Luke mumbles.

"And you're not exactly alive." I remark. He cuts his eyes at me and I smirk.

"You should be happy we have our first gig." Reggie adds.

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie says.

"Yeah! Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can." Reggie explains.

"No, you're right." Luke agrees. "Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs."

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie voiced.

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it lands us a manager and a tour." I say.

"Then we release a bunch of hit albums." Julie adds.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." Reggie points. Julie looks at him confused. "I shred on the banjo so.."

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle!" She pretends to fist bump Reggie, since they can't physically touch. He "fist bumps" her back.

"And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame!" Luke grins.

"But one of us isn't there." Reggie mentions. "Because we had a blow out in 2032. My money's on Alex, he's just so sensitive." I put a hand over my mouth, choking down a laugh.

"What are we waiting for?" Luke asks. "Let's get rehearsing!"

"Uh, where is A?" I intercept.

"Probably with his ghost friend." Reggie smiles. I smile back and takes Luke's upper arm, motioning outside. He picks up on the fact that I want him to poof out, and I run to get my ukulele. Once I grab it, I poof outside, not saying anything to Julie or Reggie. They'll probably hear us, but that's okay.

"What's up?" He asks me. I take his hand in mine and go sit on the steps that lead up to the house. I tell him to sit and he does. I sit next to him and take a deep breath.

"I started writing a song while we were alive, and I wanted to show it to you too. I already showed Lex. I think it would sound sick with some added intruments and vocals."

"Okay.." He nods at me to start, just like Alex did. 

Hang me on the wall, take a look at tear me down. Cause that's all you want, I'm fallin apart.

It's so dang hard, surrounded by a million. But lonely at heart, I'm fallin apart.

I'm fallin apart.