10. I Got The Music (part 2.)

Julie shoots up out of the piano bench, holding the songbook close to her chest.

"If you could only know that I'd never let you go." Julie reads. "Wow, Luke. I didn't know you were such a romantic."

"He's not." Alex interrupts. "That's actually about-" I slap my hand over his mouth.

"No one." I say. Luke smiles at me, thanking me. I nod, taking my hand off of Alex's mouth.

"Uh, that's just something that I tried.." Luke sighs, trying to get the book. Julie still doesn't give it back. "But if you go to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just.. it's got a killer beat." He goes over and plays his starting guitar intro to the song.

"So you wanna sample." Julie notes.

"What do you mean 'sample?'" He asks.

"Sample someone else's music." She explains. "Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs all the time. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song."

"Nope. It's a classic our song." Luke lunges forward, taking his songbook back.

"Pure Sunset Curve." I smile.

"Never even heard of Trevor Wilson." Reggie chimes in.

"Yeah, maybe you're mixing it up. You know, with another song." Alex says.

"I don't mix up songs." She replies sassily. "Trust me. Me and his daughter used to be best friends. I used to hang out at their place all the time. I know that song."

"Okay.." Alex trails off.

"Here. I'll prove it." She pulls out her laptop, pulling up a website about this Trevor Wilson guy. "His first album had a bunch of hits, but none of his latest stuff is as good." she turns her laptop around so we can see the screen. Alex hits and and Reggie, turning our attention to it. My jaw drops.

"That's Bobby." Luke says.

"Seriously? I just told you his name is Trevor." Julie asserted.

"Then great, he changed it. Okay?" I quipped. "That's definitely Bobby."

"He was our rythym guitarist." Alex adds.

"Trevor Wilson was in your band?" Julie scoffs, looking at us like we're being ridiculous.

"I can't get over how old he looks." Reggie chimes in, leaning down to get a closer look. Alex follows.

"He looks like a substitute teacher." Alex hissed. Weird connection, but he isn't wrong.

"Julie?" Luke starts. "What were his other hits?" I take a deep breath, preparing. If he stole our songs, I swear I'm gonna haunt the son of a-

"'Get Lost.'" Julie cuts off my thoughts. 

"Yeah. I wrote that." Luke takes his songbook back, also taking his guitar off.

"'Long Weekend?'" 

"Yeah, me and Luke wrote that one." I scoff.

"'Crooked Teeth?'"

"Luke wrote that one too." Alex says. Luke goes over to the dartboard and starts chucking them. "It was about Reggie."

"What? I thought it was about you!" Reggie looks at Alex, hurt. "I don't like that song anymore.." he kicks the ground and go sits on a stool. Alex follow, sitting on the ground in front of his drums. I stay standing in front of Julie. 

"Wait." She starts. "This is.. freaking me out. Trevor's songs are kinda big to me. He's the one who introduced me to rock."

"Yeah. They introduced you to rock." My brother mentioned, pointing at me and Luke.