15. Finally Free (part 2.)

We've been singing the "I'm Sorry" song for like three hours. We also almost sang to Julie's little brother. She's now finally home and I see her walking down to the studio. We all get positioned so we're hiding behind Luke. (bold/italics are emerson singing with/ without others !) Reggie steps out behind Luke singing.

We're sorry!

Alex then steps out on his side.

So sorry!

Luke then kneels down and I stay standing behind him. We all have cheesy grins on our faces, doing jazz hands.

We're super duper, crazy stupid, sorry!

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry." Reggie smiles. 

"Yeah.. I got that part." Julie sighs.

"We've been here for like three hours." I chime in.

"Yup!" Reggie adds, high fiving me and Alex.

"We almost sang to your little brother." Luke stand up, causing me to move over so I'm in between him and Alex.

"He comes in here a lot." Reggie starts. "Mainly to use the bathroom."

"Yeah, it's not our favorite part of the day..." Alex says. We all make disgusted faces.

"But, Julie. It wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night." Luke intercepts. "We know we let you down."

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to dissapoint you." Alex adds. "You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts."

"So, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band.." Luke takes a long stride forward, showing Julie a paper for tonights gig. "we booked a new gig."

"A mega important, life-changing gig!" Reggie points, resting his elbow on my shoulder.

"Okay, check it out." Luke points to something on the paper. "Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them away, and we're living the dream."

"So this means a lot to you, huh?" Julie asks us. 

"I mean, yeah.." I mutter.

"Kind of how playing in front of my whole entire school meant a lot to me." She continues.

"Sounds like sarcasm." Reggie gasps. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working." I just look at him. No duh, Reg.

"Look, we know we messed up." Alex excuses. 

"But we need you in the band." Luke continues for him.

"Of course you do!" Julie says. "Because without me, no one can see you guys playing. You know, I thought the music we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care."

"I do care!" Luke shoots back. "Our band has a real chance at greatness! I'm not gonna let that get away from us again."

"Uh-huh, right." She nods, unamused. "So then why did you bail on me to get back at Trevor? I'll tell you why. Cause there's only one thing that you care about, and that's yourself." My jaw drops. Too far, Julie. She then storms away, leaving us together.

"Dude, she didn't mean it.." Alex starts.

"Lu-" Before I can finish, he poofs away from us.

"Where's he going?" Reggie asks.

"Where do you think?" Alex questions. "Remember what today is?" My jaw drops again. How could I forget?

"Oh my god. How did I not remember?" I say, quickly poofing to where I know Luke is.