30// The Lady in Red

Diana

I was on cloud 9. Alejandro and I were progressively getting better. Well, at least I thought so. We were more cordial now. Often having dinner together, having movie nights with Benjy and not forgetting the numerous nights of mind blowing sex. I was filled with a new sense of hope. Hope that maybe, Alejandro could finally forgive me and we could finally be happy together. As a family.

I was currently seated with Amanda. Helping to plan a charity function Alejandro's company was hosting. He had entrusted me with the task saying he didn't know the first thing about galas but a little part of me believed it was his own way of making an effort. So I promised to give him the best gala he had ever seen. So far we were good. We had the theme covered. It was a black & white party with a touch of 90's classy. We just had to verify the number of guests in attendance so we could notify the catering service about how much food we would need. Amanda was busy listing off the important guests, people we had to pay extra attention to.

"Marco Scorsini, Abigail Herrington, Preta Marquezine...oh no"

I looked up a immediately, "What's wrong Amanda?"

"It's just...one of the names on the list Mme. Blanca Medici", she seemed in deep thought, "How did that bitch even get on here?"

My eyes widened. I had never heard Amanda curse before, so if she was doing so now I could only believe that this lady, whoever she was definitely warranted it. "You don't seem to like her very much Amanda"

"And neither should you Mrs Delmanti", I raised my brows at that, "I'm sorry Mrs Delmanti. I meant no disrespect. But this lady, isn't someone who deserves your affection"

"Why's that?, I asked

"She's Mr Delmanti's crazy ex"

My heart rate picked up, "How do you know that?"

"Well Carla, the receptionist on the fourth floor has worked here for close to 10 years and she's a bit of a gossip you see. She said Ms Medici and Mr Delmanti had been seeing each other for 2 months when he found out she was sleeping with his business associates. So he dumped her. Unfortunately Ms Medici didn't take kindly to being thrown to the curb, she started coming to the office everyday for a month after that, demanding to see Alejandro. When security refused she would throw a tantrum, destroying things and screaming profanities at Mr Delmanti. It got so bad he had to get a series of restraining orders against her. Most of which she just flat out disobeyed. Then one day she broke into his house and tried to take him with her. Mr Delmanti took her to court for breaking and entering. Then she finally left him alone."

That was definitely a lot to take in. I could see why she was adamant about not ending things. Alejandro was a swoon worthy man, but this just sounded like some psycho level shit. "You know you can't believe everything you hear Amanda", I chastised

"Oh I know that Mrs Delmanti. That's why I took the liberty of doing some digging. Turns out Carla was right but she left out one tiny detail, Ms Medici broke into the house, with a gun". Now I was certainly scared but also uneasy. Everyone on the guest list had been personally invited by Alejandro. If this ex was as crazy as Amanda said she was, why would Alejandro invite her?. Amanda seemed to figure our where my head was at and desperately tried to reassure me, "Oh don't worry about it Mrs Delmanti. I'm sure they're friends now. And besides, last I heard she was getting help »

I nodded but I was far from ok. I grabbed my phone and left to make a quick call. « Hey Stelly. I need your help »

**********************

« So his crazy ex is gonna be at the party? »

« Yes Stelly. I don't why Alejandro would invite her in the first place. The woman threatened him with a gun for Pete's sake »