8// What?!

Diana

I arrived at Stelly's home with Davy expecting to find my son clean and proper and about to go to bed but instead, we walked in on a scantily clad Stelly stuffing her face with ice cream while watching Friends. I'm telling you, that girl could binge for the American population.

She stood up in her red Nike short-shorts with a matching red sports bra, "D, you're never going to believe what just happened on Fri... ", she stopped short when she saw my brother, " Davy!!! ", she sprung to grab something to cover herself up. They just stared at each other.

"Stelly", Davy said

Silence.

It was then that I noticed Benjy was nowhere around. No screaming at seeing his uncle, nothing. "Stelly, where's Benjy? "

That seemed to snap both she and Davy out of their stare down, "Oh, Alejandro hasn't brought him back yet"

I was on edge. What if something happened to them, or what if Alejandro was hurting Benjy?. No, no, no. Alejandro won't hurt him. Maybe they were just having so much fun they lost track of time.

I wanted us to arrive when Benjy was already gone, so there will be no chance of Davy bumping into Alejandro. If you're wondering why I wouldn't want them to meet, well it's because Davy and Alejandro weren't exactly the best of friends when Alejandro and I were still together, they loathed each other actually. Davy was a real daddy's boy back then and went along with all my daddy's wishes. And so like my father, he tried his best to destroy my relationship with Alejandro.

I was about to call Alejandro when I heard the engine of a car revving. I sprinted outside to try my best and get my fiancee to leave before my brother came out. Luckily, Benjy jumped out to meet me, "Momma"

"Yes baby go inside", I noticed Alejandro getting down and quickly went over. I tried to usher him back into the car, "You know you should go get started on your documents. The life of a business man never ends. C'mon run along now"

"If I didn't know any better Miss Prichard, I'd think you're trying to get rid of me", he answered in his smooth baritone voice.

You're thinking right

" What?!, that's absurd", I replied trying to sound cool and failing miserably. "I just don't want you stacking up on your work. You know you need to be relaxed on our wedding day"

"This newfound concern is very unnerving Miss Prichard"

"Look, please leave, I'm begging, just please go"

"You know I actually think I'm gonna stay"

"No please you can't... "

"Alejandro! ", Davy said

I slowly turned to face my brother., " Davy go back inside please", it's like he didn't even hear me. He just stared at Alejandro who stared back.

"What were you doing with my nephew?, and what are you doing here? ", Davy asked

"I don't really think what I do is any of your business", Alejandro replied calmly, a little too calmly if you ask me.

" When it concerns my sister and nephew, it damn straight is"

I looked at Alejandro with pleading eyes, trying to tell him that he should drop it and leave, but oh no, he proceeded to do just the opposite.

"Well considering the fact that she's my fiancee and he's my soon to be son, I highly doubt it"

No, Alejandro, no. Davy was not supposed to find out like this.

"What?! ", Davy Shrieked then looked at me, "Please tell me he's joking"

I just avoided his pointed gaze

"Diana!, is it true? ", he asked again

I managed to choke out a small 'yes'

He stormed inside and I turned back to Alejandro, " Are you happy now? ", he didn't answer. So I just left him there, went in and closed the door behind me. A few seconds later, I heard his car driving away. I then went in search of my brother.

He was seated at the counter in the kitchen. Thankfully, Stelly had taken Benjy away so he could avoid being a witness to this God-awful confrontation.

"Why? ", was all he said

" We reconnected over the years and then... ", I tried to lie as I best possibly could, but he cut me off

" Cut the bullshit Diana. That guy loathed you when he found out you were marrying Michael, he couldn't even stand the sight of you. Now you're telling me you 'reconnected'. What a load of horse crap ", he vented.

" That really is the reason. I mean... "

"The truth Diana! ", he yelled so hard I flinched.

" Dad made me. Prichard & Co went bankrupt again. So he made me a bargain. I marry Alejandro and in return he does something for me! "

"How could you let him do that to you D? ", he asked sadly

" I couldn't let him hurt someone I care about. I just couldn't. So I had to"

"What did he have on you that was so bad that after years of fighting for your freedom from Michael, you give it away?! "

"I just had to do this"

"No D, you could've fought but you didn't. Now you're at the mercy of that bastard"

"Davy you don't understand"

"You're right, I don't. I don't understand why you're giving yourself away like some cheap whore", he grabbed his jacket and walked to the door.

"Wait. Davy where are you going?, c'mon let's talk about this"

But he just stormed out. Two little hands wrapped around my feet, "Momma", he looked at me softly

" Everything's ok baby. Everything's ok", I assured him weakly

************

Alejandro

I was driving home after my mild confrontation with Davy. I didn't mean to let him find out that I was marrying his sister like that but c'mon the guy was practically baiting me. After eight years you think his hatred for me would die down a little.

I had a blast with Benjy. The kids a walking energy ball. And I was expecting to drop him off and at least have a civil conversation with his mother. But Davy just had to ruin everything. Now Diana's mad at me.

Yeah. Nice going Romeo. You're doing a good job at getting her back.

What?!, I'm not trying to get her back. This marriage is to make her suffer. And that's it.

Keep telling yourself that.

No, no, no. I can't fall for her. Hell to the f-ing no!

I'm gonna make her pay. Yes Alejandro that's it. She's gonna suffer. She's gonna suffer.

**********

Hello my darlings. So what do you think?. I know not my best work but I'll do better next time. I promise. So looks like Alejandro's feelings for Diana have already started returning. Squeeeee!! Please don't forget to vote and comment. Remember IT loves you always😘😍