35// Pretty pretty wow wow

Short chapter ahead!!!

Alejandro

No amount of words on this planet could express my profound gratitude at finding Diana alive, with Arsenio no less. When Rigorio had noticed that she was no longer with the group, I went ballistic. We quickly turned back and tried to find her, but realized we were going in circles. I had come to Italy to find one person but ending up losing another.

We both stood outside the room while the doctor checked on Arsenio. As soon as we found him and carried him home, Rigorio had insisted that Arsenio looked and seemed perfectly fine. But I preferred a professional's opinion on the matter. I had tried to get Diana checked up on too but she was insistent on the fact that she was fine. I looked and found her shivering, even while under the blanket. I walked to her and wrapped her up in my arms. Offering the little warmth I could. Shes snuggled into me and released a deep sigh. I smiled. It really did feel good.

She looked up at me, « I told you we would find him right? »

« You did darling », I said while looking into her eyes. Damn, I could drown in those deep blue pools. My heart constricted. If not for the hardening of a particular part of my anatomy, I would have been convinced I was having a stroke. I got that overwhelming feeling again. That feeling of complete and utter bliss. « Diana I... ». You what?!, mocked my subconscious. Huh?, you fucking pussy!. You can't even say it. At least grow a pair and admit it to yourself. « I just want to thank you. We would have never found him if not for you »

She giggles nervously, trying to brush it off. « I just got missing Alejandro, I hardly did anything »

« Still, thank you », I moved in to plant my lips on hers when the sound of the door opening caused me to pull away. I turned to the doctor, « So Doctor, is Arsenio fine? »

« Well the young master had a mild case of hypothermia. Nothing some passive rewarming won't fix. He is also slightly malnourished. I can only imagine he had been out there for a considerably long time. Aside from that, he's in perfect health. I have left a list of medications for him with his caretaker along with time logs », he spared Diana a brief glance, « Should anything concerning happen, please do not hesitate to call »

« Thank you Doctor », Diana replied

« Well, I'll be taking my leave now », he gave me a curt nod and walked out.

« I wanna see him », Diana said abruptly. I was taken aback. Sure she and Arsenio had been the best of friends when we were together but I doubt he remembered her.

« I don't think that's such a good idea sweetheart. In Arsenio's present frame of mind he should be around people he's familiar with », I pleaded

« Please Ale », she begged, « I just want to talk to him. Know how he's doing. Please. If he shows even the tiniest signs of distress I will move away »

It was a difficult battle. On one hand was my baby brother whose sanity and peace of mind was my primary concern and on the other was the woman I...I nodded at her. She blessed me with a grateful smile and walked to the door. I followed closely behind. Ready to jump in if Arsenio got scared.

We opened the door to find him lying on the bed, staring around. He sat up as soon as he heard the door open. He fixed Diana with a questioning glance. Probably trying to figure out who she was and what she was doing here. The curiosity in his eyes rapidly gave way to fear. I started to step forward to calm the  oncoming storm when he surprised me with the largest grin.

« Pretty pretty wow wow!! », he screamed. He jumped off the bed, ran to Diana and held her in a bone crushing hug. « Ale look it's pretty pretty wow wow!. I've missed you so much Pretty », Arsenio had tears in his eyes but they were happy years. Happy tears.

« I missed you too Seni. So much »

Arsenio pulled her over to his table, « Look Pretty. I have a lot of drawings I made to color and a lot of nice colors to paint them with », he looked at me with a gleeful smile, « Ale got them for me. Would you like to color with me Pretty? », Arsenio gave a heavy dose of the puppy dog eyes and she caved in.

« I would like nothing more Seni », she replied

And so began a night of squiggly drawings and technicolor crayons.

Diana

We were spending our last day in Florence at the Piazza Santa Croce fountain. Alejandro and I took turns taking pictures with the small digital camera he had purchased at a gift shop, while Benjy and Arsenio, who had become fast friends, threw coins into the fountain and made wishes. I looked around taking in the beautiful scenery. People bustling about, little families enjoying a late breakfast, young couples stealing a kiss here and there. It was truly breathtaking. Alejandro walked up to me and offer me an ice cream cone. I happily grabbed it and took a greedy slurp.

« Mmmmmmm », I moaned, « Cookies and cream always did it for me »

« You always had a rather nasty sweet tooth », he commented.

I watched Benjy and Arsenio sitting on the edge of the fountain happily eating their cones of ice cream. As soon as Benjy finished his, which was really soon, he dragged Alejandro to the ice cream vendor to get another. That little boy had Alejandro wrapped around his chubby little fingers.

I walked to the fountain to keep Arsenio company. « Having fun Seni? », I asked

« Oh yes Pretty. I've wanted to visit the fountain for so long but I didn't want to go alone. Now I came with my own little family »

« I'm so happy you're happy Seni »

Arsenio looked around carefully. I wondered where this suspicious behavior sprung from all of a sudden, « You know what Pretty? », he asked

« What Seni? »

« I have a secret to tell you », anyone who saw us would probably think we were divulging top secret information about the worlds governing powers with the way we huddled together.

« Really Seni? », I indulged, « What is it? »

« Ale told me not to tell anyone but I trust you Pretty so I'm going to tell you », he said

I was equal parts intrigued and hesitant. I wanted to know what secret Alejandro wanted to hide so bad and on the other hand, I wanted to respect their privacy and relationship as brothers. "I don't think you should tell me Seni"

"No you need to know this Pretty. It's important"

"Are you sure Seni?"

"Yes Pretty", he answered, "Wanna know what it is?"

"Yes Seni. I do"

He leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, "Ale is still in love with you"

Oh well.

***************

What did you guys think of Arsenio?. I personally adore him. Few more chapters and we will come to the end of our matrimonial journey. 🥺