26// I'm sorry

Diana

My eyes widened as I remained frozen in place. I knew who was behind me. I knew that voice. But I also wished that by some force of magic, my mind was playing tricks on me and I hadn't heard what I just heard. The quick footsteps approaching me quickly dissipated whatever safe haven I had conjured in my mind. Camilo was roughly shoved away from me and I was harshly pulled into Alejandro's chest. His grip on my wrist tightened in an effort to stop me from moving away. I opened my mouth to protest but the murderous glare I received quickly shut me up. God, if looks could kill, 6 feet wouldn't be deep enough for my coffin.

I noticed Olivia being dragged out of the club by a fuming Sebastien. She looked at me and mouthed, "I'm sorry", I only nodded. As much as I needed someone to blame for my current predicament, Olivia couldn't bear the brunt of my anger. She had only been trying to cheer me up. I turned my attention back to the 2 big men in front of me. They were engaged in an intense staring match. While Alejandro's stare got more intimidating, Camilo wore a relaxed smirk on his features, almost as if he was enjoying the fact that Alejandro was getting riled up.

"Put your hands on my wife again and I'll bury you myself", Alejandro snarled

Camilo laughed, "Relax man. I wasn't doing anything the woman didn't enjoy", I blinked. I for sure did not enjoy that, "Besides, your wife looked like she needed the attention. Obviously someone hasn't been treating her right. So she came to a real man to give her what she needed. Shame though. You have someone this gorgeous and you're fucking up..."

He didn't get to finish as he received a mean right hook to the jaw. He fell back to the dance floor as everyone around made room for the groaning man. His nose had started to bleed and he clutched it in a feeble attempt to stop the blood flow. Alejandro moved to land another punch but I pulled him back, "Alejandro please let's just go". He looked at me then back at Camilo.

"Take that as a warning. I won't be so nice next time". With that, I was dragged out of the club. We stopped in front of the club and he let me go. He called Sebastien on the phone and started cussing. Apparently Sebastien left in the rental car they came in but he was sending one of the hotel cars to come pick us up. Once the car arrived, Alejandro slid into the backseat and I followed. We took off in the direction of the hotel. I tried to start conversation, but he clearly didn't want to talk. Minutes later, the car stopped in front of the hotel, Alejandro hastily got out and made his way in. The driver came around to help me get out. While I offered my hand, he gave me a sympathetic smile and I gave a shy one back. I slowly made my way into the hotel, walking as slowly as possible trying to put off the confrontation for as long as I could. I got into the elevator and tried to imagine the way it could go, not in my favour for sure. I was so lost in my own thoughts I didn't realize I was already in front of our suite. I took a deep breath and turned the door knob. I entered and found him sitting in the leather forearm chair, sipping on some whiskey. He looked every bit the prime alpha male. I looked him dead in the eye, waiting for him to say something. If he thought I was going to apologize, he was out of his mind.

"You go out in a country you've never visited before, go to a club you've never been in before and get manhandled by some guy you've never met before", he chuckled, "What were you thinking?!", he yelled, "Oh wait, that's right, you weren't thinking at all. He could have drugged you or something"

"I was fine"

"It clearly didn't look that way. Or were you just enjoying yourself in the arm of a complete stranger?, are you that desperate for attention?"

Tears sprang to my eyes. I furiously blinked them back, "Fuck you!", I said and turned to get into the room. I was so intent on getting away from him that I almost missed the words I never thought Alejandro could say.

Alejandro

She froze in her tracks when she heard me. Clearly in disbelief. I mean so was I. I never really thought I could utter the words ' I'm sorry'. She turned to look at me. She didn't say anything so I continued.

"I'm sorry. That was out of line. And I'm sorry for the other day. You were trying to help me and I shouldn't have judged you so easily". She looked at me intently, probably trying to see if I was being serious. I hoped she would accept the apology. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I don't want us fighting. Irrespective of the fact that our relationship is fairly strange, we could still be civil with each other.

"It's ok", she answered, "You warrant the right to be skeptical, you can't exactly believe everything everyone tells you. And you're right. I've never been to Cuba before so that was definitely a stupid move on my part"

"Okay then", I answered

"Okay", she replied, "I'm gonna go take a shower so umm..."

"Yeah, yeah go ahead", she turned to walk away, that was when I truly looked at her. Then I felt it. That strange thumping in my chest, the constricting of my lungs almost like all the air was getting sucked out. I could hear the blood rush in my ears. My heartbeat became erratic. I knew this feeling. This foreign feeling I had only felt a long time ago. It was the same feeling I had gotten when I had started falling in love with her. By God, I couldn't let it happen again. Not after I had gotten back on my feet, not after I had struggled to put myself back together after she left. Diana Prichard ruined me, ruined my life. I couldn't let her back in it.

********

So I know it's not really my best work but I needed a filler chapter. I would be fun if we just go straight into it. But more coming soon. Don't forget God loves you all my people. Never doubt that. That a minute today and thank him for everything he's done for you. It's a whole lot. Byeeeeee😘❤