2// Your freedom or his own

Diana waited impatiently in the giant lobby of Prichard & Co. The bleach blonde secretary at the reception was obviously taking her time

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Prichard? "

Diana rolled her eyes. The woman had already asked her that... 3 times

"I already told you, Mr. Prichard's expecting me. He asked me to come", Diana answered

" Well you're not on his schedule, so you're not going in"

"He asked me to come here", Diana gritted.

"Gimme your name", she said while flipping her fake hair extensions

" Diana... ", the secretary looked at her unimpressed, " Prichard", and her eyes widened.

Diana gave her a good one over and then walked towards the elevator

She wasn't going to lie. No matter how tough she tried to act she dreaded the meeting with her father. The man was a heartless prick, who knew what sort of sadistic plan he was conjuring up now. Outside the double doors to his office, she paused and took time to recollect herself. Breathing in and out, straightening her pencil skirt, and murmuring words of encouragement to herself. With one last breath, she pushed the doors open and walked in.

There were papers strewn everywhere, lots of boxes, a lot of clutter. This could only mean one thing, Prichards & Co was going bankrupt, again.

"Diana. So glad you could join"

She was snapped out of her train of thought by her fathers groggy voice

"Steven", she replied. She had stopped calling him dad ever since that day several years ago. " What's this about? "

"Come on, have a drink. Would you like some coffee, or tea? ", he asked

" Cut the crap Steven. Why am I here? "

"I heard your case against Michael was finalized"

Seriously?!, did this guy bring her here just to ask about the case. Phones still existed. Hello

"Yes. He got 18 months in jail", he nodded, " Is that why you asked me to come here? "

"Well no, I wanted to know how you're doing but since you're eager, I'll get to it", he clasped his hands on his mahogany desk, " I have a proposition for you Diana"

"Really? You don't say", Diana replied with sarcasm dripping from each word. She could she his jaw clench and she smirked triumphantly, " Just get on with it ok"

He seemed to muster his courage before uttering his next words, "You're going to marry someone for me". She stared at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Diana couldn't hold her laughter, "Are you even listening to yourself Steven?, newsflash! This isn't 8 years ago where you would control me. You don't rule me anymore. The answer is NO", with that she turned on her heel and started walking out of his office when his voice stopped her.

" You know Diana, I had a feeling you would say that. That's why I took the liberty of finding some leverage to use against you"

She turned back slowly, "You already made me lose the love of my life, who are you gonna threaten me with now huh?, Benjy? "

"No not Benjamin. I heard you're brother's eligible for parole". Diana's heart beat quickened. Davy. " You see Diana I'm a businessman and we businessmen we know how to get what we want"

"What do you mean?", she asked

" Do what I want you to or I will call all the lawyers on my contact list and get your brother double the sentence he got the first time".

Just then, all the respect Diana had for her father dissipated, "How dare you?, he's your son", she screeched

" I know that Diana. But I want something and I will have it", he replied too calmly

"You're pathetic you know that. Constantly messing up your business and having your kids pay for your mistakes. Davy won't even be in this situation if it wasn't for you"

"Call me what you want Diana. I don't care. I'm just a determined man who knows how to get what I want"

"At the expense of your own children?!", she screamed, "You're a sorry excuse for a father. You don't even deserve that title"

"You wanna know what?, I completely agree"

" You bastard"

"You have a choice here Diana. You can either turn me down and be the free woman you've always wanted to be and deny your brother his freedom or you can accept my offer and give him back his life"

Diana tried to hold back the tears. Davy. She remembered the excitement in his tone when she had told him she would pick him up his herself. "You monster", he just shrugged.

" The person you could be marrying will fund my business and put Prichard & Co back on top"

"Just so you can mess up and make it go bankrupt again right?"

He looked at her pointedly, "You have 24 hours Diana. Your freedom or his own"
************
Hello my darlings. Hope you liked this chapter. How do you feel about Diana's dad? Ikr heartless much. Please make my day and click that little star at the bottom of your screen. See you later.
Love you😘