27// Hugs & Kisses

Really short chapter ahead. You have been forewarned!!. Enjoy!

Diana

The next day was somewhat okay. We talked, though not like a normal couple, considering the circumstances in which this marriage came to be but it was fine. He wasn't being ignored and I wasn't getting hate-filled stares anymore, so yeah. We were okay. I woke up to find him at the table glasses perched at the bridge of his nose, staring intently at the Mac Book. He had always looked mouthwatering with glasses on but I wasn't going to tell him that. I got out of bed and walked to the table, sitting opposite him. I grabbed the coffee pot by him and poured myself a steaming cup, sipping on it daintily while watching him. There was just something about him being so serious that pulled me in. Maybe it was the way his forehead creased in confusion, or the way he bit his lip when he was thinking too hard, or maybe when he cracked his knuckles when they got too sore. I felt like smiling and crying all at once. Smiling because I was hopelessly, irrevocably in love with this man, from way back when I was 15 till now, my heart had always been his. Crying because I know that no matter what I did, he would never be mine again, he would still hate me. I quickly shifted my gaze in fear of the tears dropping.

"I've called room service. Breakfast will be here soon", he said

I cleared my throat, "Ok"

"We're going to a party. There's a traditional Cuban festival coming soon and one of the locals invited us to a party on his yacht. It's kind of like an opening ceremony"

"Oh. Well ok. What do I wear?", I asked

"Nothing in particular. I mean whatever you wear would be fine", he said

I simply nodded. Breakfast came not long after. And what a mighty breakfast indeed. There was everything from, sausages, poached eggs, oatmeal. The loud growl of my stomach quickly reminded me I never got around to taking dinner last night. So I dug in. I was so busy stuffing my face I didn't realize he was staring.

"I see you still have a weird love for French fries in the morning", he pointed out

I swallowed, "Um yeah. Though I'm surprised they even served it. It's not a traditional breakfast dish", I answered sheepishly.

"I told them to include it. I thought you would like to have something familiar"

I froze. I wasn't going to read much into it. Even though some part of me wanted to jump for joy at the fact that maybe he didn't hate me so much after all. "Thank you". He shut his laptop and turned to leave. "Aren't you gonna eat anything?"

"No. I'm fine", he left.

Alejandro

I don't know exactly what pushed me to do it. I realized only after I had called room service. I could've easily called back and cancelled the order but I didn't want to. I was surely doing it to be on good terms with her. After all, I hadn't exactly made this the most memorable vacation. I needed to get away from her for a while, I needed to think. I got into the en-suite bathroom and took a long relaxing shower. I got out and changed into my outfit for the party. I couldn't risk coming back up here and having to talk to her again. I spritzed on some Hugo Boss and left the room.

"You're leaving?", she asked

"Um...yeah Seb and I have to meet up with the architect and discuss a few building plans, so I might be gone for a while"

She offered me a tight- lipped smile, "Ok then. I guess I'll see you at the party right?"

"Yes. Of course", I swiftly turned around and continued making my way to the lobby. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.