19// Wrong numbers

Diana

I had been working for Alejandro for close to a month now and it was going great. We had settled into a... routine of some sorts. Wake up, go to the office, work, come back home, have dinner, go to bed and then repeat. But there were two downsides to it.

1. I hardly got to see Benjy, which he promptly noticed and cried about for hours saying I didn't love him anymore. I had quickly fixed that by promising him some quality momma & Benjy time.

2. Natalie Hover. Home girl can't take a hint. She had been to Alejandro's office almost everyday since our first encounter. Trying to in her own words, 'make him see what he was letting go'.

One day she had gone as far as attacking me. Screaming that I had no right to put on Alejandro's ring, that she was the real Mrs Delmanti. Alejandro had pulled her off me and ordered her out. And before you start getting any wrong ideas...I won. Don't look at me like that, I know how to pack it. But what baffled me to no end was the fact that after all she had done, Alejandro still hadn't fired her. I know right. Was she that good at her job, I mean one can only know so much. But it's obvious Alejandro's patience was wearing thin, it looks like he was starting to look for her replacement. She kept trying to get his attention but her attempts were futile. And then all of a sudden, she stopped. No more calls with her crying, no more banging on Alejandro's office door, no more slutty outfits. She became a total professional, she even referred to me as Mrs Delmanti. I should be relieved, I know, but it's like the calm before the storm.

Lo and behold. I started noticing that she would often stand outside the conference room whenever Alejandro had business partners over. When we had meetings she would always sneak out to make calls.

I pushed aside my almost rivals strange behavior and stared at the spreadsheet in front of me. Aside from being his assistant, Alejandro also got me to look at the company values to make sure everything was going as planned and it was soaring. Majority of the time, all was in order, I mean he had a mean logistics department. But the one in front of me just looked wrong. There was something off about it and I couldn't pinpoint what it was. Then I saw it, the numbers were absolutely wrong. That's strange, Mr Hammond always double checked the figures before sending them to Alejandro.

I got up and started making my way to the logistics department. There had to be a reasonable explanation. I got in the elevator and pressed the number 14 button. God, this is gonna be a long ride. What would someone need 55 floors for?. Oh well. Ten minutes later and I was out of the elevator. I started making my way to Mr Hammond's office. I knocked on the door and waited till I heard a low 'come in'. I walked in and sat myself down in one of his chairs.

"Well haya boss lady, what can I do for you?", he chirped

I groaned. Ever since Natalie had unceremoniously announced to the probably the entire company that I was the 'bitch who stole her man', they all started calling me boss lady. How cliche. "When are you ever gonna stop Patrick?", I asked

"Well...never. So to what do I owe this visit?", he asked with an award winning grin

I laughed, "I was looking at the spreadsheet of this month's turnover and I noticed there were some wrong numbers in it", I scooted forward to show him, "Maybe it was a glitch or something?"

"No glitch honey. I noticed them as well and questioned the person who ran the program, those are the figures he was given by the finance department", he replied

"Are you sure?, cause I don't get how they could make such a mistake", I was literally bemused

"I don't either sweetheart but I promise to look into it and get you answers, maybe someone went a little too hard on the alcohol before work", he said laughing

I joined him, "Yeah, maybe. Well I'll be in my way now. Have a nice day", I said while standing

"You too boss lady", he replied

I needed to tell Alejandro about it. Mr Hammond could be right and it was a case of a hangover or he could be wrong and something really very bad was going on. I started making my way to the conference room. Alejandro had a meeting there which should be getting adjourned soon. I went through my phone. I was about to walk across the large space before the conference room doors when I noticed a figure standing outside the doors. The door was slightly ajar and the person seemed to be holding what looked like a recorder.

What the hell?.

I tried to get a closer look but the perpetrator practically had her face plastered against the doors. Yes her, it was definitely a she. The person did me a favor by turning around and I was graced with the disturbing face of the one and only Natalie Hover. The shock was very clear as I loudly gasped. Natalie probably heard as she looked around wildly, trying to spot the spy. I hid behind the wall hoping she would give up and leave. I waited for what seemed like an eternity but was merely a minute. I decided to take my chances and look back but she wasn't there. I let out a huge sigh of relief thinking.

Just what was flawless Natalie Hover up to?

*********************

I know, no Alejandro. This is because frankly there was nothing for Alejandro to say in this chapter. It was all Diana. I know it's short but it's kind of a filler chapter. Much drama on the way btw. Stay tuned. Remember God loves you.