20// Jealousy

Diana

Natalie was up to something I just knew it. After I spotted her eavesdropping on Alejandro's meeting with one of his top business partners last week, I started following her and it always ended up at a conference room with the door slightly ajar and a recorder in her hands. I couldn't think straight knowing that she was most certainly doing something that could put Alejandro's hard work in jeopardy. I was distracted I didn't even notice Alejandro standing in front of me till he snapped his fingers. I blinked and looked up at him.

"Yes, um...what can I help you with?", I asked

"What's wrong with you?, I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes", he asked in return

"Sorry, I just um...I just have a lot on my mind right now"

"I don't pay you to daydream Ms. Prichard", he said

"You don't pay me at all", I replied with sass

"Eight years later and it's  still all about the money"

I told myself to calm down, "What do you want?"

"I need you to take this down to Mr Hammond. It's a logistics report concerning Mr Yamazaki's holdings. I want the results before the day ends", he said before throwing it at me. I blinked back the tears and started my journey to Mr Hammond's office.

As soon as I got there I saw all 5"3 of the chubby man with a head full of salt and pepper hair. He noticed me immediately, "Second time in a week boss lady, if I didn't know any better I would say I've stolen your heart", he chuckled

"Only you Pat", I smiled

"So what can I do for ya?", he asked

"Well Alejandro got this report from Mr Yamazaki and wanted you to-", I didn't get to finish as I was roughly pushed. I turned to look for the culprit and was met with the flaming red locks of, yup, you guessed it Natalie. She didn't even stop to apologise, she hurried like the building was on fire. If I followed, maybe I could find out what she was up to.

"Boss lady?, Boss-", I cut him off

"I'll be right back with you Pat", I left after that and followed Natalie as stealthily as I could. She turned several corners and so did I. But when she turned the last corner and I repeated the action, she had vanished.

Okay, I tolerate a lot of things but I am not down with sorcery. I looked around some more and was about to give up when I heard her squeaky voice. That's when I noticed the door to one of the unused offices was open.

Didn't this bitch know how to close doors?. I walked towards the door as silently as I could and listened in.

"We're about to hit the jackpot Dicky", she squealed. Dicky?, Who the hell is Dicky?.
I couldn't even try to get a glimpse. I could get caught. My ears would have to do the work for now.

"Really baby?", Dicky- I presumed- asked, the voice was kind of muffled. She was probably on the phone.

"Yeah, I've transferred the assets and the asshole doesn't suspect a thing", she laughed

"You are a queen baby. God I can't wait to see the look on his face. He thought he won when he broke up with you and cut me off. The little fucktard. He isn't gonna know what hit him", Dicky replied with even more enthusiasm

"We're gonna be on top babe", she purred

"All I gotta do now is buy out his business partners and investors and convince them a little ride on the wild side won't do much harm. And then when they realize how hot the drop really is, they're gonna vote him out and I come in. It's gonna be the hostile takeover of the century"