31// Wet Cheeks

Very short chapter ahead. I am working on longer ones. This is just a filler.
Enjoy!!

Diana

I was blissfully happy. And also deliciously sore. Alejandro had returned from work the previous day angry and tense. He had taken the liberty of releasing some of the pent up tension with me, in the bedroom. Which had resulted in me getting knowing looks and smiles from the staff. I would have been dreadfully mortified if I wasn't so happy. Was I really that loud?.

I was currently sitting by the pool, under an umbrella. Trying to read a book. I was slightly miffed that I had started to spend my days like a trophy wife, but with a full staff in the house around the clock and Alejandro practically being a billionaire, there was absolutely nothing left to do. But I decided to worry about that later. If my husband came home today as energized as he was yesterday, I was going to need all the rest I could get. My serene environment was interrupted when Lola called on me « Mrs Delmanti »

« Yes Lola »

« There's someone here to see you »

« Who's that »

« It's a young man Mme. He says he's your brother »

I paled. And with good reason. The last time Davy and I had spoken to each other, things had ended on a terribly sour note. I felt an inkling of guilt knowing that I had neglected him, but he wasn't making things any easier for me. I put myself on the line for him. Granted, it wasn't much of a sacrifice seeing as how things were good with Alejandro but him acting like all this was solely for my personal gain was a low blow. « Okay Lola. Thank you ». I walked to the foyer, mentally preparing myself for a conversation I was sure would be less than pleasant.  I walked in to see him looking around at the grandeur of the mansion. Alejandro had spared no expense in giving his home a grandiose and elegant feel to it. One only had to look at the hand craved railing or the hardwood oak floors to see that this was the home of a man not to be played with.

« Hi », I said. He turned and looked at me

« Hey », he replied

« You wanted to see me? »

« Just wanted to know how you were doing »

« I'm ok Davy. Thanks for asking »

« Is he treating you guys right?, you and Benjy?, »

« Yeah. We're ok ». Just then Benjy walked in looking as excited as ever.

« Momma Look. Alejandro got me Lebron autographed basketball », he squealed, « Isn't he the coolest ». I didn't know if he was talking about Alejandro or Lebron James but I agreed anyway. The kid sure did love his basketball. He turned and noticed Davy. « Oh Hi Uncle Davy »

« Hey bud. How are you? »

« I'm good », he walked up to him, « Did you see my basketball?, Alejandro got it for me »

« It's so cool. Alejandro sure does know how to spoil you huh? », Davy said in a clipped tone.

« Don't tell Mommy », Benjy whispered. Or atleast he thought he did.

« Ok little mister. Go play outside », he scampered off.

« I um, I spoke to Stelly »

« Ok? », it came out as a question. I wondered how him talking to Stelly was somehow relevant to me.

« She told me »

« Told you what Davy? », I asked

« Why you did it. Why you married Alejandro », he stared down at his shoes like they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

« Oh », I didn't know what else to say

« I'm so sorry D. I didn't even let you explain yourself. God, I called you terrible names. I was everything a brother shouldn't be »

« It's ok Davy »

« No it's not Diana. I mean...I-I was a terrible brother. And you go out and practically sign yourself away for me. You should've let him extend my goddamn sentence. God knows I deserve it »

« I couldn't even if I wanted to. You've hurt me, I won't deny that. But I couldn't let you go through that. Knowing I could help. You're my brother. You're all the family I have left »

I heard sniffling and looked up to find him wiping furiously at his wet cheeks, « I'm so sorry Diana. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in this situation. You might have still married Alejandro but you wouldn't have gone through all that shit with Michael »

« You didn't have a choice »

He laughed humorlessly, « I did Diana. I did. I could have chosen to let you be happy but instead I chose the man who threw me to the wolves the second things got messy. I knew Michael was no good. I knew he wasn't going to treat you right. But I went ahead and I...I sold my sister to the devil »

« It's alright Davy. I forgive you », I said solemnly

« I don't deserve your forgiveness », he insisted

« Well you have it. Wether you deserve it or not »

He rushed to me and gave me a bone crushing hug. « Thank you so much Diana. Thank you »

« It's nothing », I replied

He pulled away and gave me a sad smile, « Mom would have been so proud of you »

At that, my eyes teared up, « Yeah she would »

She would have been damn proud

******************

Thank you so much for reading. I know this isn't my best work but I've been experiencing some writers block lately so please understand.

But thanks so much for sticking with me. It is much appreciated. More coming soon