36// Keep Bleeding

Diana

We'd been back in the country for a week now. Neither Alejandro nor I wanted to leave Arsenio all alone, but after speaking with his doctor and hiring like fifteen more men, we felt calm enough to come back home. Alejandro was still on edge though, and this time, it had nothing to do with Arsenio. Nothing I had done so far had succeeded in calming him down. He wouldn't even tell me what was bothering him. All he did was pace around the room, yell at someone over the phone, then pace some more. I was really starting to get dizzy.

"Would you please stop pacing around?. My head's starting to hurt", I pleaded

"I'm sorry D, it's just urggghhhh", he slammed the phone on the floor.

Well there goes another one.

"Why don't you calm down and tell me what's wrong hmm?"

He released a heavy sigh, "It's this really big business deal for the company. I've been trying so hard to get him to sign off on the papers. It seemed like a done deal, I mean, we were already working on the terms of the contract. Then I get a call this morning saying he's pulling out. Motherfucker!"

"Breathe baby", I coached, "Just how important is this contract?"

"Really important. This would make the company grow and solidify out based in Europe"

"Okay then. We can find a way around this. Who is it?"

"Mr Jonathan Stevens"

« Oh who's he? », I asked cluelessly

« You don't know who Jonathan Stevens is? », Alejandro looked at me like he couldn't believe the atrocity I just spewed from my mouth.

« No I do not », I conceded, « But you're gonna tell me »

« Jonathan Stevens owns one of the largest conglomerates in the continent, and smaller ones overseas. Partnering with him will mean widening our scope, introducing our brand to the European market and altogether putting the company forward », the poor man really looked defeated. If only he knew. « I cannot afford to lose this contract »

« And you won't!. You'll find a way, I know you will »

He gave me a grateful smile and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I was going to wait for him to leave before I got into motion. I couldn't risk him finding out what I planned to do. Not too long after he came out with only a towel wrapped low around his waist, giving me a hearty view of his delicious v-line. I bit my lip when raunchy thoughts started running through my mind.

« Better let go of that lip dolcezza, or I'm not going to be leaving today », he had a cocky smirk planted on his face. « So any plans for today? »

« No », I replied, « Just going to stay in and relax »

« You know, you could always come back to work », he suggested

« And constantly be berated by my tyrannical boss?, no thanks »

« Hey! », he chastised

« Besides, we would hardly get any work done »

« Oh really?, and why's that? »

« Because Mr Delmanti, we would be too busy christening every single inch of your office, I doubt that's something the employees wanna see »

He let out a hearty chuckle. I was glad that even for a little while I could cheer him up. This business with StevensCorp was seriously stressing him out. I just wished things would work out. After everything Alejandro had been through, he deserved only the best things in life.