Chapter 7

"Y/n, come on already! We are going to be LATE!" Wilbur shout up to me, being more impatient than I would have liked. What he didn't understand was that I knew I was going to meet up with my best friend from the past few months and just some sweats wouldn't do. I checked the weather for my house and it said clear skies for today, but not too warm. Around 18°C, but as Ranboo would say, '64°F '. I ended up choosing my outfit :

I ran downstairs with my duffel bag, packed with some spare outfits and some other things I would need, Will packing the rest

I ran downstairs with my duffel bag, packed with some spare outfits and some other things I would need, Will packing the rest. We got in the car and started playing Lovejoy songs, which, being the amazing sister I am, knew all the words to. After about 10 minutes of Karaoke, I decided to speak up.

"So...How far are we from Tommy's house?" I say, attempting to suppress my smirk. Wilbur stopped singing and slightly turned to face me, quickly looking back to the road and then replying.

"He told you? Does he know you will be with me?" He asks, confused. I explain to him about our call and how Tommy still doesn't know I will be joining them. Will nods and we go back to singing before turning into a housing estate. I begin to get nervous, trying to trick my brain to think it was excitement, which it partially was. The car made a couple more turns until we came to a stop and Wilbur nodded at me, indicating that it was okay  to get out now. Hesitantly, I opened the car door and scrambled out, stretching my legs before my brother joined my side. He walked up to the front door of the house, knocking on it whilst I just stayed, leaning against the side of the car.

After a few muffled shouts from what sounded like Tommy and his mother, the boy I had been nervous to see for the entire journey, stepped outside the door. Wilbur and him hugged for a bit before Tom looked over his shoulder to see me, smiling by the passenger car door. His mouth dropped slightly before I ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his upper torso. He stepped back a bit, before centring his balance and conjoining his hands behind my waist. We stayed like that for a minute until Tommy and I both let go to the sound of my brother clearing his throat. Why did he have to interrupt? I would have gladly stayed like that longer, holding my best friend in my embrace after months of missing him, without even meeting him.

"I call shotgun!" Tom shouted before starting to sprint to the car. Once a metre away from the vehicle door, I grabbed his wrist and pulled his weight back behind me, quickly trying to get in the front. Before I could sit down, I felt Tommy's arms tighten around my hips before lifting me up, making me squeal. He placed me behind him and began to pull on the door handle, realising after a few tries that Wilbur had locked it. His face looked unamused and his eyebrows raised up, making him look a bit high.

"Rock, paper, scissors for the front seat." He said before turning back to his phone at the steering wheel. Me and Tommy both look at each other and I notice his cheeks had gone red. It must have just been from the cold weather, except it was quite warm today. He lets out an awkward smile once noticing my concentration at his face and looks down at his hands. We begin to play Rock, paper, scissors over who gets to sit in the front. I choose Rock and, unfortunately, he chose rock as well. Will looks at us and points to the back. Both me and Tom point at ourselves with a confused face before Wilbur spoke up, "Both of you." We both giggle before the boy opens the car door closest to us and looks at me. He bows and gestures for me to get in.

"M'lady." He says with a blinding grin. I smile before walking to the seat.

"Why thank you, kind sir!" I reply to his posh accent. He walks around the back of the car before I catch my brother staring at me through the mirror. I give him a death glare and turn back to Tommy next to me. I grab the aux and start to play 'Sex Cells' which made both of the boys' faces light up and we all started to sing along.