Chapter 23

The sun gleamed down on my skin, quietly whispering throughout my body and sending dopamine down my spine. My eyes opened as I sat up and gazed around at my surroundings. Just my same old room, same old me, same old life. Nothing has changed, thank goodness.

I checked my phone as any teenage girl would do as she woke up, just making sure Harry Styles hasn't slid into my dm's yet. Of course he hadn't, but there was always a tomorrow!

I got up and changed into the cutest outfit I could find, a spring in every step with the thought of going on my first date! Well, I hoped it were a date. Although me and Brad had always been friends, I couldn't help myself but have the smallest of crush on him. Of course, I never acted up on them feelings for the purpose of not leaving Rory to third wheel.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ BRAD'S POV

I woke up on my bathroom floor, sick in my toilet and bottles of alcohol in the shower. Last night was a blur that made my head ache to think about. I had made out with multiple girls, probably some guys. I had trashed the house. I had found my way back to drinking.

Yesterday had started off with a few dare's, a small get-together. It didn't take long to escalate into a house filled with under age drinking and some drugs. I had gone back to my lowest.

As I cleaned up the house in a slump, dizzy and unable to see colours, I suddenly remembered something. I asked out Y/n. The dare that started me up last night. Fuck.

It was too late now, I was already 20 minutes late with vomit down my shirt and my entire house needing to cleaned, not to mention the 30 minutes drive to the place that we were supposed to meet up. I plucked up the guts and pulled out my phone, wiping the grease on the screen with my sleeve and trying to recall my password.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Y/N'S POV

I got out of the car, a smile plastered to my face as I got out of the car, saying goodbye to Will after the 30 minute lecture he had just given to me about being safe.

I entered the coffee shop, looking around to see if Bradley was already there. He wasn't, so I decided to get a table for the two of us.

I sat down and got out my phone, might as burn some time until he got here.

10 minutes.

Traffic.

15 minutes.

Damn, he is quite late.

20 minutes.

Is he even coming?

25 minutes.

I should just wait another 5 minutes.

30 minutes.

I should just leave.

Before leaving I felt a small vibration coming from my phone, a new message appeared. It was from Brad.

'Hey, I might have to call off our...date. It's late but I just don't want to see you, sorry.'

What?