Chapter 9

We finally arrived. The London Eye was towering over the top us. I wasn't afraid of heights and was really excited to watch the sunset from the top.

Although I wasn't, Jack seemed a bit worried and nervous from the heights. Wilbur told him to 'Fucking man up and get in' which earned a laugh from us and the man helping us in the pod, which was surprisingly large. Our group wasn't that big, but big enough to have a pod to ourselves, which was well appreciated.

The wheel turned slowly, Jack's face turning more terrified as the distance from the ground rose higher and higher. The atmosphere was quite calm, except for Jack just staring at the floor in the corner, Ranboo, Tommy and Wilbur talking a bit quieter than average and Tubbo just enjoying the view. I decided to not interrupt Jack with his minor freak out and join Toby. We began murmuring between each other as 15 minutes past and we were at the top. Everyone had stopped talking and were facing one way, including Jack that had now finally calmed down.

The Thames' river banks were slightly lit up in the dusk between day and night. Big Ben's clocks face could be easily mistaken for the moon, standing tall among the rest of London's beauties. A couple boats sailed slowly through the gently waters, reflecting a small, dark shadow into the depths of the deep river.

 A couple boats sailed slowly through the gently waters, reflecting a small, dark shadow into the depths of the deep river

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The pod was silent with admirers of British beauty, and no, I'm not talking about the queen.

"Tommy, what's that?" I say, grasping his hand in mine whilst pointing and a pencil-shaped building that I couldn't seem to recognise.

"I-uhh." His cheeks went red as he mustered a reply, "ask the Queen? Yeah, Lizzie will know!" He says, looking into my eyes and glancing away, now looking at our hands.

"Oh. uH- sorry?" I say, pulling my hand away. His smile fades and his face begins to get closer to mine. Our foreheads were inches apart.

"I didn't mind it." His face was staring into my eyes longingly until his gaze falls to my lips.

"Oi! Get in, we're taking a selfie!" Wilbur shouts, making Tommy smirk and walk away. I just stood for a few seconds, flustered and unable to move. We all stand in a huddle, our backs facing the view so it could be captured behind us. Ranboo put his arm around me on his left and Tubbo on his right. On the other side of me, Tommy was leaning into me, his thumbs up and doing the POG face. I bit my bottom lip and placed both my finger and thumb under my chin whilst lifting my eyebrows, (you know the face I'm talking about) looking high af.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ TIME SKIP

We were all stepping out of the pod and I let out a small yawn. It was now quite dark now, considering we were on the London Eye for about 30 minutes. It was time to head back and I was too tired to even walk.

"Oh best and only brother in the world, I'm tired and don't want to walk." I whined. He reluctantly crouched down, letting me climb on his back like I was 6, which was technically my metal state so...

I had begun to doze off sleepily when I felt a small tap on my shoulder. Wilbur placed me down on my bed and hugged me goodnight before closing the door behind him and walked off to go to bed himself. It didn't take me long to fall into a deep sleep even though I had a loud British boy that obviously wasn't very tired across the hall. His constant screaming made me wonder how he even had friends as my eyelids slowly closed shut from them being so heavy.