Chapter 7

Hello everyone! I am so very sorry for the delay but life has been really busy lately. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I plan to update a little sooner next time.

****

The corner of my eye is working overtime at the moment. I’m relying on it constantly because I’m too afraid to look at anyone directly. If I do I know I’m going to cry and I don’t want to do that. So out of the corner of my eye I can see the devastated look on Sam’s face. It’s got me thinking that perhaps I’m missing something? I really should learn not to freak out before I know the facts. I’m queen of freaking out, everyone knows that.

Ok so now I’m going to be cool, calm and collected. I’m not going to freak out. As soon as we get to our room I will calmly ask Sam what is going on. There has to be a logical explanation behind it, right?

Finally his father says, “I’m Graham Wilson, that boy’s father. Apparently.”

They stare each other down and I feel extremely out of place. What is up with those two? Deciding to risk looking at Sam I notice the pleading look he’s giving me and instantly I know there’s more to it then he’s letting on. It’s not like it’s the right time to tell me. See? Not freaking out is the right thing to do, everything will be fine. I just know it.

Then why the hell do I have a gut feeling in my stomach? I’m guessing it’s just tiredness and jetlag again, everything will be fine soon. Sam and his father will make up and everything will be fine. Ha! I wish.

All I want is to enjoy my holiday but it hasn’t been a good start thus far. I can only hope it improves.

Their stares are broken when we hear the sound of someone clearing their throat. I look over at the sexy tour guide who is now looking like he’s about to make a speech. My god, he’s so mesmerising! Just the way he clears his throat is sexy and now he’s standing there with this sex appeal I thought only existed in books. I tear my eyes away from him to check out Nancy’s reaction and notice she is practically drooling. I nudge her and she briefly looks at me with a dreamy smile but her attention is back on him immediately. Yep, she’s completely smitten.

When he finally talks it turns my legs to jelly. All he says is good morning but every single woman present is totally captivated. He has the typical Spanish accent, think Antonio Banderas, yet his voice is as smooth as chocolate. Corny yes, but there is no other way of describing it. He speaks slowly and quietly and very, very deeply. It’s definitely a bedroom voice. Not that I’m planning on finding out of course but I can imagine it all too clearly. I look at Nancy again and grin. Well if she hooks up she can tell me all about it.

“Welcome to Madrid.” He continues with a lopsided smile. “I am your tour guide while you are visiting Spain. You will get a new tour guide for each country you visit. I hope I can make your stay here enjoyable.”

“Oh you can be sure of that.” One of the twins says.

It’s obvious she was trying not to be audible but it comes out louder than anticipated. She quickly clears her throat and looks away. Nancy and I both start giggling, glad it wasn’t either of us slipping up. Let’s face it, we were all thinking the same thing!

“Oh not again.”

I spin around at hearing that only to see Sam looking me. He’s suddenly got something against me laughing. What’s with that? He looks really peeved now too but I have no idea why. It’s possible it’s because he’s just come in contact with his father who is quite obviously estranged. That doesn’t give him a right to be so moody with me though. I glare at him and turn back around, ignoring Nancy’s concerned gaze.