Chapter 11

Hello everyone, I am so very sorry for the delay (yet again!). Once again illness has hit me again and I had to have minor surgery. Anyway I think I'm on the mend so here is chapter 11 to celebrate. :) put your seat belts on peeps, there's another rollercoaster ride coming up....

****

While Sam has a look of amusement on his face, Graham looks plain put out. He really is a grumpy old man

"What is going on here?" Graham demands. "You are causing a disturbance on this floor!"

"Dad, don't be like that." Sam says, his face reddening from embarrassment. "They're not causing any harm."

Graham points his finger at me, a finger I'm getting familiar with since he's pointed it at me more than once. "This girl here is trouble, my boy. She came into my room last night trying to have her wicked way with me. I kicked her right out! Drunk as a skunk she was."

Nancy giggles behind me and I kick her in the shin. I can feel Jason staring at me and I remember I haven't told him what happened afterwards. It is quite funny, even I'm struggling to keep a straight face.

"I got lost!" I say in defence. "It was an honest mistake."

I catch Sam hiding his smile. Well at least he's not annoyed like he was yesterday. Still, it's not helping me at all.

"You would call it that." Graham mutters. "People like you sicken me, you hear me? You try and get on with an older man just to get at his money. Well you ain't having any of mine!"

I stare at him in confusion and this time I can't stop. I laugh so hard I actually stumble. Jason catches and steadies me but I can barely stand up straight for laughing. He really thinks I've got the hots for him? Geez Louise, I would have to be so desperate!

Sadly my laughter doesn't improve his attitude; in fact his face just grows redder by the second. He's not happy. Nancy and Jason notice this so they grab my arm and lead me to Nancy's room.

"Well, it was lovely chatting to you." Nancy calls as they drag me along while I continue to laugh hysterically. "Bye for now!"

As we go inside I'm still laughing but I catch a glimpse of Sam shaking his head in dismay, a small smile on his face. Now that's the real Sam!

I finally manage to control my laughter and sit at a chair. As our door slams shut, I can hear Graham ranting outside. Sam tries to calm him down but he's on the war path. Finally there's the sound of another door slamming shut then silence. They obviously went into one of their rooms.

"What got stuck up his ass?" I ask with a giggle.

"His head." Jason says and this makes us all laugh.

While Nancy touches up my hair Jason says, "What's this about you being drunk? We didn't even drink that champagne." I relay the story to Jason and he just shakes his head then says, "I'll never understand females. Anyway, you didn't tell me where you were heading tonight."

Nancy finishes my hair and steps away. As I inspect it in the mirror I say, "We were going to go out and find a club. Nancy had a dud time last night and I haven't been yet so we thought we'd both go out tonight and have a better time."

"Why didn't you just say so? I know a club we can go to. If you let me come along I can take you. The line-up is super long; you're going to need me to let you guys in."

Nancy nods her head ecstatically and I just shrug and give in. "Fine, but you have to be back here in five minutes. We should be there by now."

He starts backing out of the room while saying, "Unlike you females I can be ready in two minutes flat."