Chapter 19

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in updating. I've had inernet issues. It only ever worked when I was busy. Anyway it's up again now so here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

****

~~ Sam’s POV ~~

Somehow I’ve ended up with a room right next to Emily’s. In any normal circumstances I’d be concocting a plan to get into her room but this is far from normal. The last few weeks have been complete torture. The truth is, after realising how much I need Emily, it didn’t take me long to come to terms with what happened in Madrid. I know her and I know that something must have really affected her to make her do what she did.

Despite what has happened, I still trust her and I forgave her weeks ago. I’ve wanted to say something to her but just haven’t had the chance. Sometimes it just wasn’t the right time or I was preoccupied, or she wasn’t ready. The two times I did have a chance to talk to her, she didn’t want to talk to me. I put two and two together and knew she wasn’t ready. Not that I blame her, it’s not like I’ve made things easy for her either.

The day she confessed, I was in shock and had no idea what to do. After a few days though, I knew that I didn’t want our relationship to be over so I knew I had to take action. I can’t lose her, I just can’t. Unfortunately Dad hasn’t made things easy which has just delayed things even more. After his confession about Mum, he has tried to be all fatherly toward me. After Zurich, we tried to get this whole father-son relationship thing happening but it’s not working.

Thinking back on Zurich I’m suddenly riddled with guilt. Agreeing with Dad about doing better than Emily was just wrong. Ok I’ll confess, for a while that is what I thought but the feeling didn’t last long. What I said that day wasn’t intentional but Dad and I had just had a really heated argument and it came out, more from anger than anything else. Besides, it was the only thing that shut him up. Later that night I put him back in his spot but the fact that I even uttered the words has haunted me. Emily’s the only one for me. I not only want her but I need her so badly.

It’s just been too long for Dad and me. We can’t be a family, not in the way he wants it. I needed a father when I was a kid but I don’t need one now. It’s harsh I know but I’ve had to fend for myself for so long, I’m not going back to having Daddy do it all for me.

Apart from that, we’ve had nearly three weeks of proving we just don’t get along. He’s acting like we do, but he knows as well as I do that we’re just too different. I’ve tried talking to him and telling him exactly that but he never lets me get it out. Every time I start to talk he cuts me off, almost like he’s aware of what I’m about to say and doesn’t want to hear it.

Well it’s been too long now and whether he likes it or not, today he’s going to hear it. I don’t intend to ignore him for the rest of the holiday but I will make it clear to him that he’s not a father to me. He never will be.

As I unpack the last of my things, something dawns on me. With Dad always being there, I’ve never stopped to look at what’s been happening. Now that I finally have a clear mind, I’m seeing things differently and everything makes sense. There have been so many times I could have talked to Emily but with Dad always there, I haven’t been able to. He would always say or do something to stop me. Was it intentional? Was it just coincidence?

Something tells me it’s far from coincidence.

Overcome with a sudden anger, I decide to pay him a visit. I was going to hold off until talking to him until later but if I do it now then I can speak to Emily sooner. It’s time to sort out this mess once and for all. I miss my Emily and I want her back. I want to kiss her again, feel her in my arms and tell her how much I love her. But most of all I want her to know that I forgive her and I really do want to marry her.