Chapter 8

Hi everyone, here is chapter 8. Once again, apologies for the delay. Apart from being busy, I've been really unwell. Things are looking up though so I hope my next delay won't be so long. I hope you enjoy chapter 8. :)

****

Emily’s POV

I step outside and almost freeze to death. As soon as Archi points to the bus I make a run for it as if my life depends on it. It’s only a mini bus that seats 10 people which makes sense considering the small number of us. It doesn’t bother me at all because it means I’ll be warm.

Finding a seat, I sit down with a heavy sigh. I’m still seething from the argument Sam and I had. Yes I know I’m at fault too, I didn’t help the situation at all but he was still being melodramatic. I know there’s something not right but obviously he doesn’t want to talk about it. Well that’s fine, I’m not going to let it bother me. I’m here to have fun and fun I shall have.

It’s funny, after all that has happened I don’t feel at all tired anymore. In fact I feel like I’m buzzing and rearing to go. Yes I have adrenalin to thank for that but I love the feeling. I just hope that we get to do a bit of sightseeing today, I want to see what Madrid has to offer. I hear the nightlife is pretty spectacular. I’m not a big party girl but I am eager to see those Spanish nightclubs. Maybe Archi will know some of the popular ones to go to?

Everyone else arrives at the bus and start boarding. The twins are the first on and they are chatting to themselves about ‘young ones today’ and ‘they certainly know how to keep their looks’. It is obvious they are referring to Archi. The shy woman is the next to board. Man number 1 seems to have befriended her and looks totally smitten. She looks quite happy too. Her cheeks are rosy and she has a small smile on her face. Maybe there will be a romance in the making? They sit down next to each other and talk quietly amongst themselves.

The Vizzini look alike is the next to board. He finds a seat and flops down, grumbling as he does so. Man number 3 comes on and sits next to him. He tries to make small talk but to no avail. Graham is next and his face looks dark. Spotting the space next to me, he sits down. Great, now I’m stuck with Sam’s father who I barely know and who scares the crap out of me!

The next on is Sam. He looks at me but I look away quickly, too afraid to look at him in fear of crying. From the corner of my eye I see how surprised he is that his father has chosen the seat next to me. Sam sits in front of me and I just stare out the window, hating the awkwardness between us. The last time I felt this was after we first kissed.

Finally Nancy boards with Archi following. Her face is glowing like a beacon and she looks like the cat that got the cream. Something tells me she has been talking and flirting with Archi. I shake my head and smile, good ol’ Nancy. She looks at me and winks which tells me she has something important to say when we get a moment to ourselves. She sits down on a spare seat of two, obviously hoping Archi will join her.

I decide it’s time to take a long hard look at Archi. The cold has given me a clear mind so I decide to take advantage of it and look at him without being blinded by lust. Almost immediately I sense something isn’t right about him. No one can deny how good looking he is but it’s almost like he’s too good looking. He’s cool, he’s confident and he’s got everyone in the palm of his hand. I’m not trying to throw a spanner in the works but seriously, he’s almost too good. Perhaps I’ll just watch him from a distance and see if I can suss him out a bit more. I don’t want Nancy getting hurt by some womaniser.

Yes I know I was completely smitten with him too at first but thankfully I’m taken so I wasn’t able to be blinded by it. Then again, maybe because I’m in a foul mood I’m looking at things negatively? Ha! That would be typical.