Chapter 20

Please enjoy the next chapter. I hope this puts a few smiles on your faces. :)

****

Why I’ve chosen the bathroom of all places to hide, I don’t know. At least it has a lock on it and a bath of course. A nice hot bath should calm me down.

“I think we might have gone too far.” I hear Nancy say before I close the door. “I should go after her.”

“No don’t.” Jason says stubbornly. “Just give her time.”

“Will someone please explain what’s going on?” Sam asks in frustration.

I slam the door shut, lock it then turn the bath on full bore to drown out the voices. I can’t stop crying. The events of the last few weeks are running round and round my head and I just want it all to end. Perhaps Sam and I should just give up once and for all. Nancy and Jason have it all wrong. They have no idea how I feel, they’re not me! Besides, I can do whatever I want. If I want to break it off then so be it. I’m not putting up with Graham’s dislike toward me. Hell, maybe he’ll like me more when Sam and I are no longer together. As for Nancy and Jason, well they can focus on themselves. I don’t need them anymore.

The bath fills up so I turn the taps off and step in. I can still hear mumbling in my apartment as they continue to talk behind my back. Stepping into the hot lavender scented water, I sit down and the hot water almost instantly calms me. It’s so relaxing and soothing my mind just turns to mush. Perhaps I should have had a bath before they talked to me; I probably would have been more willing to listen. Not that it would have made any difference of course, I would have still been angry.

Or would I?

Of course I would!

Ok, ok I’m obviously still uptight. I need to release all my tension and try again. Stress and tension are not a good combination when one is trying to think logically.

Right, I’m going to imagine I’m on a cruise ship. Actually no, scrap that. I’m in a dingy then it’ll just be me. Ok so I’m lying in a dingy, staring up at the clear blue sky, the summer sun is warming my body and the waves are gently rocking the boat. There’s a slight breeze, tinged very slightly with warmth. The only noise is from the waves hitting the side of the boat. Absolute bliss.

My tears begin to dry up and a small smile plays at my lips as I feel the tension leave my body. Ah that’s better, total relaxation. Now it’s time I think rationally about all of this.

There are two questions I need to ask myself. One: Did I freak out before? Two: Did I overreact by Nancy and Jason’s observations? The answer to both is... perhaps I did. Oh ok, of course I did. I completely understand why they tied me up and gagged me, despite how humiliating it was. I didn’t really make it easy for them. The thing is though, how did Jason become so wise? Is it just a male thing, being able to see things without hormones affecting his judgement? I’m afraid to admit that it’s true, men quite often see things logically much quicker than women do.

Damn him!

I’m so relaxed by this point I don’t realise I actually shouted that out until someone knocks on the door. Whoops.

“Are you ok, Em?” Nancy calls, concern evident in her voice.

“I’m fine.”

I want to tell her to leave me alone but I don’t. I think I’ve been rude enough for one day. They were only trying to help, right? Seriously, right now I dislike Jason with a vengeance. He’s not supposed to understand me and my feelings! I mean, if I can’t understand them then how can he? In frustration I slap my hands down into the water resulting in one huge splash flooding the bathroom. Why does he have to be right? Why can’t he be totally off the mark? It’s like he stepped into my body for a day and deciphered every hidden feeling I didn’t even know I had.