Chapter 10

Hi everyone! Here's chapter 10. Enjoy! :-)

****

Well this is awkward.

Graham is staring at me dressed in the sexiest lingerie I own and I swear I see a glint of lust in his eyes, despite how much he dislikes me. It’s only for a split second but still – ew gross!

I have no idea how to get out of this situation so I improvise.

Stumbling and making myself fall into him, he instinctively grabs me and steadies me. I giggle and say, “Whoopsie daisy! I get a little clumsy when I’m drunk.” I clumsily hold a finger up to my lips and shush him, bits of spittle flying out of my mouth and onto his face. I giggle again and wipe it off. “Oh silly me!”

“Can I help you?” He asks, his voice dripping with annoyance.

I giggle again and skip past him into his room. I need to see if this is Sam’s room or if I was mistaken. At first glance there is nothing of Sam’s in here. So when I saw them earlier they must have been standing outside the wrong rooms. Whoops.

I spin around and see him standing in front of me. He looks really annoyed now. On the other hand, I’m good at improvising being drunk.

“Wait this isn’t my room.” I say scratching my head and stumbling toward him again. “Or is it? Hey! What are you doing in my room?”

He sighs impatiently, takes my arm and pushes me toward the floor. “I have no idea where your room is, nor do I intend to find out. Now I do not appreciate being disturbed. Please go away.”

He opens the door and pushes me out. I stumble and make myself trip over for effect. When I hear the door slam shut I sigh from relief. That was even more embarrassing than when I first met Sam. Well, my plan to talk to Sam and seduce him hasn’t worked.

“Emily?”

I look up and sure enough, there is Sam looking down at me quizzically. Then again, maybe I can still make it work. He doesn’t look so annoyed now so I might be able to get somewhere.

“What on earth are you doing down there?” He asks, a slight smile on his face. “And dressed in that, might I add?”

I stand up and ask, “Where’s your room?”

He points to the one behind him, opposite Grahams. Yes, they were definitely standing outside the wrong rooms. That’ll teach me.

“Ah.” I say, feeling a blush creeping up my neck. “I, uh, I thought that was your room over there.”

He looks across at Graham’s room and suddenly bursts into laughter. God it’s good to hear him laugh again.

“You didn’t go over in that did you?” He asks finally.

I shrug and look away, suddenly feeling completely humiliated.

“What did you do?” He asks again when I don’t say anything.

“I just pretended I was drunk.” I say, suddenly remembering the incident at the airport. “You made it quite clear he wasn’t to know about us.”

A flash of guilt crosses Sam’s face. He pulls me into his arms and embraces me. I love this feeling, this empowering feeling of love and togetherness. It just rams home how much I love him and that any doubts I had earlier were just jitters, nothing else. He’s everything to me and I really cannot imagine my life without him. We just need to get over the initial ‘new relationship’ hurdles.

Then why do I still have a feeling of dread in my stomach?

“I’m sorry.” Sam says, stroking my hair. “I reacted very badly earlier and I feel terrible. It was a shock seeing my father again, it’s been a very long time.”