Chapter 9

Hi everyone, here is chapter 9. I'm so happy I got to update quicker this time. Yay me! I hope you enjoy. Happy reading :)

Oh this is a little longer, I hope you don't mind. It's time to get to know another character.

****

I change my shoes into something a little more appropriate then run out of my room. As I’m waiting for the elevator the bus driver stands next to me. We nod in greeting but neither of us speak. I’ve only seen him from a distance, I can’t really say ‘hi I’m Emily, I’m on the tour you’re driving the bus for’. Weird.

“Hi, I’m Jason Hill.” He greets, holding out a hand. “I’m the bus driver.”

Ok so either it’s ok to greet someone randomly you’ve only seen from a distance or he’s a complete wacko. He’s dressed in black dress pants and a freshly ironed black shirt. His curls are not so unruly which I suspect is as a result of some sort of hair treatment. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but most men don’t like admitting they use hairspray or mousse or any other product. Ok when I say most men I really only mean Sam and Simon but they’re as macho as they come.

Anyway, back to Jason here, he looks completely different from when I first saw him. I guess it’s because I’m seeing him up close. He’s very good looking in fact, now that I look at him closely. He has a baby look about him and when I look into his eyes I have to stop myself from going ‘awwwww’. He has the longest lashes I have ever seen and his eyes are a unique aqua blue colour. They are so unusual yet beautiful. When he smiles he looks like a shy little boy and a dimple appears in his left cheek. He’s just so cute and cuddly I almost want to pinch his cheeks!

Of course I don’t. Instead I take his extended hand and say, “Emily Reichelt.”

The elevator arrives and we step inside.

“I presume we’re going to the same location?” Jason asks with a half-smile.

“If you’re going to dine with us, then yes. Where else can we go that’s not on the ground floor?”

He presses the ground floor button then says, “Well that’s a good question. I guess we could suss out the other rooms. What do you think? We could go hiding in the little alcoves and when someone goes out, sneak into their rooms and see whose room is better.”

I laugh. “Now that could be fun!”

His eyes glint with mischief. “How about it? After dinner we can sneak around each floor and check out rooms. I know level 12 has all the uber rich people staying there.”

I can feel my eyes widen. “Are you serious?”

He nods, his curls bouncing. “What’s a holiday without a bit of fun, eh?”

“But how will we get in? No one leaves their rooms unless they know they’ve locked the door.”

He holds out a key card and grins. “I have a key card that unlocks all doors.”

“How did you get hold that?”

“It was just a mistake I think. When they were assigning cards they must have accidentally done something that made this like a skeleton key card.”

“Shouldn’t you take it back?”

“Perhaps but it’s too much fun.”

“I hope you’re not a thief.” I suddenly feel a little uneasy knowing he has access to all the rooms. “I don’t want you stealing my stuff.”

He laughs a low throaty and surprisingly sexy laugh. “Stop being so paranoid, Emily. I’m just having a little fun. So are you up for it?”

How can I say no to such a request? After all I’m here to have fun, right? The lift arrives at the ground floor.