Her Motive

"Finally, you're back on the line son." Rupert said as he sat and crossed his legs on one of the chairs on a set inside George's office.

George was facing the glass wall afront some buildings in the city. He halfly smiled, "Not quite uncle, its too early for a celebration. And Father is still damaged over Lauren's death. This isn't easy, after all Lauren was his heir." He remembered his Father breaking all the things he sees during the funeral. He even shot the 1st district Boss on the leg 'cause anger consumed him. The death of Lauren had astounded the whole tribe, it was unbelievable. During the cruise two months ago he was overly confident that he’ll claim the throne, but after his father announced Lauren as the heir, it humiliated him. His blood rouse upto his head and all he could feel was rage, rage over his only sister who pretended to be innocent. His sister who was a happy-go-lucky and a good-for-nothing femme butch was the future head boss, who will rule the whole cabal, who will rule him. Afterall, he hated Lauren ever since, the kid was trying on connecting some affections but even he was a child, he already knew better. Attachments are dangerous, it’ll bring you down and everyone can’t be trusted. That’s exactly what happened to his father. Lauren, his favorite daughter is finally gone.

"Not anymore. Without Lauren, you George will take the throne."

He turned and looked at his uncle, "No uncle. It was mine on the first place. Everything will come back voluntarily when it is rightfully yours. And that's what happened to me, but i can't believe my little sister is gone. Gone forever."

"So. . . Is this a bad thing or a good thing?"

He let out a brief chuckle, "Both."

***

Lauren opened the door revealing Hope. He had this awkward face that made her brow crunch, she saved him and this was how he'll pay her? "What do you want?" She asked coldly.

He sheepishly looked down and scratched his stitched brow, "Uuhm. . . About yesterday. We're sorry for dragging you into trouble. And thank you, though the knowledge that my Boss thought I beat those guys was my problem. But I can't help it."

"She's an idiot."

"She looked like to you only because she doesn't speak your language."

Lauren rolled her eyes as she thought of his Boss laughing wickedly and assumed, praising her men, it's too good to be true. And that mocking grin she casted at her was even more annoying, if she could only scrape that gorgeous face of her, she would've done it, "Because she's dumb."

"It's not like that. In this place like our country, most people are becoming the things you mentioned because they don't have this system called options. Boss? You'll definitely like her, you just need to know her better."

"Don't get it wrong, I didn't come here to make friends. I came here to find someone." Her being a future Head Boss and is badly in danger is not their business to know.

Hope sighed. "Kung mag-usap kayong dalawa akala nyo kayo lang yung nandito ah." Tough interrupted, she forgot to mention the woman they were talking about was at Hope's side when she opened the door. Likely, this Tough is unwanted, "Ano man Hope? Sinabi mo na ba sa kanya?"

She raised a brow, "So there's more?"

Hope looked at his Boss, "Kung ikaw nalang kaya Boss?"

"Hindi nga nya ako maintindihan diba?"

"Remedial? Gusto mo?" Hope said that was followed by a low laugh as Tough slapped him on the arm. Lauren crunched her brows, Lovebirds... She hissed.

"If that's all then leave me alone." She then closed the door at their faces.

Sinuntok na ni Tough si Hope sa braso.