True Color

Lauren wasn’t pleased on Tough’s clumsy actions. She stormed out her house upon learning her boys’ situation without thinking what might welcome her on this meet up. For crying out loud she was also involved in this matter, she shot those ugly gangsters down and now these monsters thought that it was under Tough’s supervision. Well being defeated by women is truly humiliating she won’t doubt that. Still, Tough is truly aware of the things that will happen to her if ever she’ll fetch her boys on that Mesa alone. So... She got no other choice but to help her.

When they arrived on the said address, Lauren noticed it was an abandoned building beside a school. Upon entering a rusty gate, they were immediately met by four men.

“Nasan na ang mga bata ko Kowitski?” Tough started anger tracing her voice.

The tall man scoffed, “Sa wakas at malalagay ka na rin sa dapat mong kalagyan Tough. Sana’y magdesisyon ka ng maayos.”

The four men surrounded them as they led the way inside the old building. They passed through hallways and walked up a long stair. After skimming yet another huge corridor they finally entered a room.

Tough gasped as she witnessed her boys kneeling, gashes and blood over wounds propping their faces. They were trembling when they lifted their gaze at Tough.

“B-Boss... B-Bakit ka pa pumunta dito?” Free said. His right eye watering while the other was overly swelled.

“Boss...” The others whimpered as if agreeing with Free.

Tough then started chasing for breath. Her jaws started clenching and her fist tightened. She then held her gaze straight at a man over his thirties in black suit with a red polo. He was seating and lazing in a comfortable couch his legs crossed. He was grinning dubiously revealing perfect set of whites, one shone and Lauren noticed it was gold. His hair obviously uncombed and his eyes were mocking as he traced his victory.Lauren estimated about atleast thirty men crowding in the room, each held eyes ready to kill. Each holding something long and hard. “Tough! Dumating ka na rin sa wakas. Kanina pa kita hinihintay. Akala ko nga eh hindi ka na dadating, kung sakali’y pupulutin mo na sana ang mga lampang ito sa ilog Pasig.” Lauren thought he might be Mesa.

Tough started her steps and every men prepared. “Boss Mesa...”

The men held their breaths, that Mesa guy’s grin extended upto his ear and Lauren widened her eyes. Tough fell to her knees and bowed, “Hindi lamang tayo nagkaintindihan, ipagpatawad niyo ako. Kung sana’y pakawalan nyo na ang mga bata ko.”

Lauren’s brows crunched, What are you doing?! That Mesa guy started laughing wickedly. His men then started laughing at her too. Her boys started spilling their tears.

“Boss...” They whined.

Mesa looked at her and gulped the remains in his mug of beer before standing, “Tough pwede naman nating pag-usapan to. Alam ko malaki ang pakinabang mo sa gang. At alam kong wala kang gawaing di pa nagagawa.” Tough lifted her eyes at him, “Tough magtulungan tayo.”

“Ano ang ibig mong sabihin?”

“Nakuha ko na ang pamumuno sa kalahati ng grupo ng distrito. Pag ako na ang nakaupo, ipapangako kong mas aambag ang reputasyon ng distritong ito. At makikinabang ka rin r’on Tough.”  Mesa walked around her and merely stopped to glance at Lauren, “Pagkakataon mo na ito upang magkaranggo, samahan mo akong ibagsak si Rico Tough.”

Lauren didn’t flinch. That was an interesting idea. This is the last resort that Tough could held on to escape death. What will you do now Tough?

But contrary on a decent human being’s decision, Tough’s barrel didn’t roll instead she started laughing out loud. Lauren closed her eyes, She’s the dumbest leader I’ve ever met. Tough lifted her eyes at the man and smirked, “Ako ba niloloko mo? Hindi tulad mo, tumatanaw ako ng utang na loob. Si Boss Rico lang ang kinamulatan kong pinuno simula pa nang sumali ako rito, kaya hanggang sa kamatayan, wala akong ibang tatanawing Boss kundi siya lang.”