Fallen

George crouched down as bullets from the sky staggered through the metals of the car he is at. He cursed, he knew this would come but what? They overconfidently threw themselves in their own trap. Now what? “Now what uncle?!!” He threw his eyes to the side but stopped as he saw Rupert’s sweat trickling down and his breathing rabid. George widened his eyes and gaze down at the bloody hands clamped on his chest. He was hit, badly. His uncle turned to him and his expression haunted him, his lids were heavy and he tried reaching at his shoulder.

George looked front but the mobster that was holding the wheel was slumped to his seat and seemed not flinching anymore, “G-George, son... h-help me.”

George fumbled for the door and lose his balance as he fell to the dirt of the ground, he saw Rupert fell to the long seat his reddish eyes never leaving his’. Bullets again hailed through their service and even behind the smoke it made, he saw how his uncle convulse as more bullets hit his exposed body.

George lifted himself to his feet and looked up the chopper rounding the perimeter of the small village. He turned his gaze around and saw the mafia men fleeing to different directions. The gangsters from the mansion were attacking themselves now, he looked through the direction were most of his men ran at, moving dark vans were hauling that direction. More reinforcements came.

They caught him just in time, so they figured it all out at once. In just a short time? How? He roared as he realized the failure coming on his way. He fell to his knees and wept with outrage. Why is it always Lauren?! He thought and roared again.

“My lord.” Someone called to him and even if he is too absorbed in his own anger he looked up and saw two mafia men. Moreover to someone that was held between them. Their cunning eyes were on fire as if the falling of their comrades never seemed to come to them that they might be next. There are no comrades to the mafia’s rules.

George then focused at their captive too weak to care to the surroundings. There was something very familiar to the unflinching form. He then stood and ordered the men to lift the head.

“This woman killed Gleam. We want revenge!” They tugged her hair and angled her chin up. George widened his eyes to the sudden turn of events.

His jaw ached as he can’t stop himself from laughing victoriously, “We need to get away.” He ordered and started his big strides to west, where a pick up was parked. They will stall time first and then he like it if Lauren would spend her time finding this woman first. He is confused about her appearance, even the death of Gleam on her hands was insteresting but he just don’t care. He’ll kill her, that he knew. He’ll kill her and his motives are done.
***

Sinubukan niyang gumalaw ngunit sadyang mahapding mahapdi ang kanyang nararamdaman na kahit piliti’y hindi na gumagalaw ang kanyang katawan. Umungol si Hope sa sakit, sa kawalan ng pag-asa. Dumating ang reinforcement nila kanina at nagkaroon nga siya ng pagkakataong makaalis sa kanyang lungga at tinungo ang direksyon ng kanyang boss.

Nadatnan niyang walang malay sina Goya at Romeo dahil sa mga natamong bala ngunit hindi naman siya nabahala dahil humihinga pa ang mga ito. Hihilahin na niya sana ang kanyang boss mula sa mga naglalakihang mga katawan ng dalawa niyang kasamahan nang napalayo siya dahil sa isang puwersa, kasabay nun ay ang sakit na sumabog sa kanyang tiyan. Napabagsak siya sa lupa at pilit na umangat ng tingin nang makita ang dalawang mafia na kinaladkad ang kanyang boss palayo.

“Boss... Boss... Tough!!!” Desperadong tawag niya kasabay ng pagbagsak ng kanyang tinitimping luha.

Naramdaman niya ang paghila sa kanyang ng kung sino man at iniharap, “Hope! Okay ka lang ba?” Si Dom naman ang kanyang nadatnan, inilako nito ang mga mata tungo kina Goya at Romeo.