To Protect, To Fight

Lauren smashed the folders infront of her making involuntary sound from the island-oak beneath them. She roamed her eyes to the two heads beside her and the five other assets including Mr. Guerrero. She unmistakenly heard Troy’s hiss, standing by her shoulders and shot her cunning eyes back again to her first hand, “George had lost his sense! He can’t do this on his tribe, this is hillarious!”

“The reports came in from different envoys and spies, indeed I lost a couple of districts around asia.” Lord Makoto continued, “Much that I wanted to listen to their actual stories, this is seriously getting out of hand O’conner. What do you say lord Malkoviche?”

“My tribe is in chaos dear hosts, that coward firsthand of mine is sitting on my behalf. With another problem, do you really think we could solve this?” Lord Malkoviche answered smoothing his auburn beard.
O’conner lifted his chin and paced a couple of steps, “It is certain that George had dealt with the outbound gangsters, the building is surrounded by their banners. To top on that, the building had certainly became a battle camp. The plan is raiding every other districts and retrieving anyone willing to side on us, we just fell on a very large number of men considering the alliance of the outbound to the other party.”

“The source is the building, raid everything at once and we’ll put an end to this already.” Lauren interjected impatiently listening to every one’s murmurs.
“That is your plan?” Lord Makoto asked.

Lauren’s lips twitched, reluctantly forcing a smile, “I’m sure you’ve hauled the packages. My subordinates were on it already, so I think that would be better.” Her thoughts fled on Tough who is apparently outside the building right now. The idea was of Lord Makoto’s, something inside her stomach feels unsettling, until now, she could not get over the recent happenings. The dissappearance of Tough and the thought of her dead still lingers on her conscience. Though try as she might, she needed to let go of her and give her space.

“They got numbers my lord.” Mr. Guerrero spat, “What gut do you have against them?”

Lauren met his worried eyes, she crunched her brows imagining that maybe he’s regreting on where to side this time. Lauren did wish that if ever they fell on bringing it all down, this man would be one of any other who would honorably gave their lives for her. Seemingly, her presumptions lead to where he would flee away from the intense exposure of the war, “Yes, they have numbers of rouges and skinny lads, but I gotta give them the reminder that the renegades carry on virtues. We will never back down even if it takes every single one of us dead.”

She smiled catching him swallowing whatever lump conflicted his throat, while the other assets bravely nodded and the two heads held a contented expression with them.
***

Bumuntong hininga si Tough upang matapawan man lang ng konting init ang kanyang nalalamig na kamay. Katulad nga sa mga iba pang malalalim na paghingang ginagawa niya’y, nakikita pa rin niya ang hanging namuo sa lamig ng panahon. Kanina niya lang natantong Oktubre na pala’t malapit na ang pasko, napasinghap pa siya nang maisip iyon, pag pilipino nga naman. Palaging excited. Muli at bumuga nanaman siya ng kakaunting init sa kanyang mga kamay at nakita niya nanaman ang nakakahangang hininga niya na humugis bola sa hangin, mas luminaw pa ito ngayon na tuluyan ng dumating ang gabi at ang mga higanteng poste na lamang ng daungan ang nagliliwanag sa malalaking kargo na nasa paligid nila.

Bumaling siyang muli sa mga kasamahan niya, higit sa kanila’y talagang ang tatangkad at nagsisiksikan ang mga damit sa laki ng mga katawan. Puno naman ng mga makamandag ang mga mata, pawang mga eksperto sa totoong labanan at pagpatay. Ang iba’y nagbabangayan sa isang banda, ang karamihan ay nag-aabot ng kanya kanyang sigarilyo at ang iba pa’y palaboy-laboy sa magkabilang direksyon.