Renegade's Lair

"Miss Tough...", Lumingon si Tough kay Ana na siyang tumawag pansin sa kanya habang gumagayak na sila papuntang kotse. Hindi niya alam kung para s'an ang pagbisitang ito, makakasiguro rin naman siyang hindi naman sa tatay ni Lauren ang puntod kundi sa asawa raw ng kapatid ni Lauren. Isa pa, nagtataka siya na kay dali naman ng pagbisita nito sa asawa. Mukhang palagi na lamang itong nagmamadali.

Nilapitan siya ni Ana at kinalabit sa balikat, "Mag-iingat ka. Ito na siguro ang huli nating pagkikita." Makahulugan nitong sabi bago umalis at pumunta sa sarili nitong service.

Umupo naman siya sa tabi ng kapatid ni Lauren gaya nga ng gusto nito. Sinubukan niyang tanungin ito kung pupuntahan na ba nila ang aka Head Boss na si Lauren kanina. Nagsinungaling lamang itong bibigyan siya ng appointment mamaya. Ngunit sa sinabi ni Ana, mukhang may napupunto na siyang mangyayari. Palihim siyang lumunok at nagdasal, kung ito na ang huling mga oras niya sa mundo, siguro naman kailangan na niyang isuko ang lahat ng mga kamaliang ginawa sa Maykapal. Sana magtatagumpay ang misyon na ito. Naisip niya.Sana nga ay magtatagumpay anu man ang natantong kalabasan ni Lord Makoto na magiging kapalit ng kanyang buhay.

"Oh... Lauren, kailangan ko pa bang umasa?" Nabulong niya sa kanyang sarili.

"Did you say something?" Untag naman ng katabi niya at binigyan niya lamang ito ng isang matamis na ngiti.

***

Lauren traced a hand on her face, trying to control the nerves inside her. She's so lost on what really was happening. Something is not so right and it included the woman she only laid eyes on. Apparently, her doppelganger is in the hands of her mortal enemy. Would she succumbed on that thought? What if that woman was really Tough? Will she just slump here behind her desk and wait until Tough's head will be sent here on a platter?

Lauren shook her head trying to wash away any thoughts. She then stood and walked out of her small office, at the large room, she saw her remaining head bosses and their aides. O'conner is there standing, propping an elbow on the window sill. He's still at the verge of thinking how to move on. Six months knowing that his daughter was truly safe, six months believing that his daughter had turned against the cabals and now... the truth revealed that she actually was buried dead.

Yazi was the one who walked to her, "Lord Cururugi, anything bothering you?" The failure that she have was of heard all over the village of the renegades, the reason behind it though is still kept by her. The only good part is that it caused O'conner's devastated face right now.

"Our assets, spies inside...?" She started not knowing how to really form the command.

Yazi rouse a brow, he knew she wasn't interested on these people relaying messages of what is really happenning inside. The only thing she cared about would be the schedules of George featuring a leisure time, "Yeah, what about them?"

"Do you know someone?"

Yazi knitted his brows before answering, "Some of 'em. Others relay for money, the trusted ones are still on our side waiting for the upbringing." Yazi then looked at her, "Forgive me if I'd be pointing, but why are you asking this my lord?"

"I need a report about what is happening now inside the building. All of it, from its stats to the new recruits and to even the dumbest information that they could get. And I want it to be reported by a trusted spy, personally." She said before retreating again into her crib. She doesn't want to see Yazi's confusion which makes himself look like someone who has been fooled.

Lauren shrunk the remains in the glass and poured more alcohol in it. The brand was forgotten but she knew this was the liquor that she just needed to simply forget everything. Something that'll reach every part of her insides. The luminous lights from the scattered buildings of the busy night was Lauren's scenery. The alley down the building she was staying is dark with murmurs of renegades who either are strolling, or laughing on their own tipsy state. Her portion was dark too that anyone would not notice her leaning over the rails, bottle and glass on each hand. She could hardly sleep since the day she came back to the states, and could not sleep especially not knowing the truth behind Tough's appearance yesterday, "Damn you Tough." She uttered intentionally controlling her anger. She swallowed again the liquor and gulped on the bottle, she only stopped upon hearing the creak of the door opening.