42- An Idol's Locked Room Murder Case p.2

RIN POV

WOW!! WHAT AN AMAZING APARTMENT COMPLEX!!! AS EXPECTED FROM A PLACE OKINO YOKO LIVES IN” exclaimed dad shouting when her manager panicked and said “p-please Don’t shout so loud! Her residence here is a secret Mouri-San !!”.

“Ohhh..” replied dad then he told us to not make a noise, me, Ran and Conan looked at each other and then faced dad again and said, “It's you who makes noises”. Then we entered the apartment complex.

 3rd POV

What Conan, Rin, Ran, Mouri, and the others didn't notice that someone was hiding in the car trunk.

They reached the 25th floor and yokino went to open the door, they were shocked at what they saw except Rin who had a vague idea of what would happen. They found a body on the floor stabbed with a knife on his back.

"Hurry up and call the police !!" Mouri Kogoro shouted.

"W-wait Mr.Mouri if the media knows about this it will turn into a scandal !!" The manager said "if we could keep it a secret” the manager added.

Meanwhile, Rin went to Yokino who was crying to comfort her "How could this happen in my apartment".

"Yeah let's keep it a secret,” Mouri said with a dumb expression ‘oi oi is he serious’ said Conan to himself then he turned his head to Rin who was standing beside him to see her reaction. Rin saw Conan glared at her immediately after Mouri said that they're going to keep it a secret so she squats down and tells Conan “Don’t worry Conan-kun, my dad is an ex-policeman he would never keep a crime a secret no matter who's involved”. 

On the other hand, eventually, Mouri snapped " ARE YOU INSANE KEEP, IT A SECRET ARE YOU KIDDING ME??! THIS IS A MURDER!! RAN!! CALL THE POLICE RIGHT NOW!!”. With that Ran went to call them after a while of waiting the police arrived at the apartment and the investigation began.

.

.

Meanwhile, Ran was taking care of the children who followed them to the apartment after they got out of the trunk of the car.

“Are you all alright?” she asked the surprised kids while Conan was standing and staring at them “why did they even follow us here?” he said in a low voice which Rin heard and chuckled at him without making it obvious.

.

.

"So you say that he was killed when you returned here? " Megure Keibu asked. 

“Yes” Okino Yoko answered

“And when you arrived you were with…With him …" he added, looking at Mouri.

'Anyone but him … at least Rin is here ' the inspector thought, sighing heavily.

"This room is really hot? Do you always keep the heater on this powerful? Meguri asked Okino Yoko.

"No, I was sure that I turned it off when I went out” Okino Yoko defended.

"That's strange .." 

" It's not the only strange thing Inspector Megure, there are small dried water marks around the body and also the position of the chair in the middle of the room and near the body, everything is knocked on only it, " Conan said, earning glances from Megure & Mouri And then Mouri intended to hit him on the head and Rin stopped him.

"Mah papa don't be harsh on the kid you know how they can be curious who knows maybe he will find a clue which can be ignored by us, also he was right about what he said the chair and the water around the victim also the temperatures of the room it's suspicious as he said don't you think so? " Rin said, patting Conan on the head.

'I was saved, I have to be careful or else Rin will find out ' Conan thought.

Then Rin bent down and cheerfully said  " good luck Tantei-kun !!" 

'Huh? Did she find out?... No, that's impossible !!’

"Nee you know you look so much like Shinichi when he was younger you also act like him, hmm I wonder where he ran off ?" Rin said.

As for Conan, he sighed in relief 'good she didn't find out ' 

“Don't worry Rin-nee Chan, I'm sure he will return soon " Conan said with determination.

Rin laughed ruffling his hair.

"Mah, I guess he will return eventually. This is his home, after all, we have a case to solve now..off you go let's see what you've got tenti-kun !!" At that moment her phone rang.

Rin POV

'it's vermouth...oops it seems I have to go so I won't get to see Conan in action well another time then' 

"Papa, Megure Keibu, I'd like to excuse myself. I have something to do " she said, earning a curious glance from Conan though she ignored it.

"But we need you in this case !" Said Megure Keibu

"Nah don't worry papa and Conan are here, they will solve the case in no time ja ne~~," she said then she left the crime scene.

‘Ja let's meet with vermouth shall we'