43- Bullet-Train Bombing

3rd PO

A friend had invited Kogoro Mouri to his wedding so now the three of them including Rin on a bullet train to congratulate him, Ran was scolding her father's manners as the latter was attempting to shave while on the train since he made an excuse last night of meeting a client and he simply got drunk.
“I don’t think there are any normal people who would shave on the train, on the day of their friend’s wedding,“ complained Ran.

As for Rin and Conan, they were eating their bento watching the duo in amusement. At least it is the case for Rin as Conan was just absent-minded.

“I can't help it, I slept in because I was late meeting a client“ Mori argued back.
“you keep saying that but you passed out at  the door…” Ran said.
“hm, and to think I let you come when you were bugging me ….” Mori said.

‘Mou these two won’t stop arguing‘ Rin thought, taking a bite from her onigiri, then she looked down to Conan across her, she took a napkin and bent down to his height cleaning his mouth ignoring the two, and Conan who blushed at the action.
“And why is he coming two ?”  mom asked looking at Conan,
“Ma papa we can’t just leave him in Tokyo, and Conan-kun wants to see Kyoto, don't you Conan-kun?” defended Rin as she settled back in her seat.
“uh yeah …” Conan nodded.
“Jeez, haven't his parents who went overseas contacted him yet? “
“no …”
“I gotta go to the toilet !!” Conan made an excuse to slip away rather than face more questions.
“You made him uncomfortable with your questions“ Rin sighed then she decided to follow him.
“I will follow him, to make sure he won’t get lost on his way …” she said to them.

“I need to go to the bathroom,” Conan said running away from Mouri who was questioning him about his parents ‘ it's not like him living with you cause I want to…They are the ones to blame for this they forced me to eat that strange drug that shrank my body’ Conan was thinking when he stopped in front of the door of the corridor waiting for it to open, it opened and the look on Conan's face was changed into a look of horror and surprise because he was faced with THE MEN IN BLACK.

‘THEY ARE THE ONES WHO...WHO’ Conan was thinking of the time they hit him and forced him to eat the drug that he didn't notice that he was in their way “Hey” Vodka said looking at Conan when Conan looked up at him ‘C-Crap they noticed me’ he then remembered what Dr.Agasa told him “If they get to know that you're still alive in the form of a kid they'll come after you...watch out Shinichi!!”
“Conan-kun ….” Rin shouted his name.
‘Oh no !!  Rin …’ he thought, imagining the worst scenario of Rin getting killed because of him.
“oy brat move it !!” Vodka shouted, pushing him out the way.
“Here you are Conan-kun, don’t just go like that“ she scolded him, ruffling his hair, ignoring the surprised gazes of vodka and Gin, well mostly vodka since Gin hid it very well. With this, the two went their way too, but before that, she glared at vodka who flinched, and Conan who noticed that sweatdropped.
‘Rin is really scary sometimes …’ he sighed in relief, as he calmed down with her presence.

~ a Few minutes later ~

The two of them went back to their seats and Conan, being paranoid…., was glancing back at the men in black who were two seats away from them, after a while, the two stood up and went toward the door to the next….
'Where are they going?' Conan thought about getting up from his seat observing them and he followed them upstairs to the dining cart.
‘Are they meeting somebody? Maybe their boss?'
As he was thinking of the possibilities ran to come to him and grabbed his hand as she scolded him.
"What are you doing here ?" she asked him.
"B-but I was hungry "
"You just ate lunch, c'mon don't give me trouble," she said as she dragged him back to their cart.
Passing by the previous seat of Gin and vodka he decided to put the spy gadget that doc gave him so he chewed a gun and put it around the gadget rolling it, but before he attempted to stick it under their seat, Ran caught him.
"Now what are you doing? sticking gum under the seat you shouldn't do stuff like this " she took the gum and put it inside a paper then threw it in the ashtray scolding him in the process then the two went back to their seats.
' at least it's in the ashtray. I hope they won't find it ' Conan thought, sighing.

                       Rin's POV

While Ran went to search for Conan, I received a message from Gin demanding to meet him at the dining cart.
' c'mon can't I have a peaceful vacation, why the heck I decided to work as a spy for the FBI ' sighing feeling a coming headache I get up.
" Where are you going ?" Dad asked.
"I will take a look around, and figure where Conan and Ran went to " I replied, and he nodding ….to eat his meal.
Heading toward the dining cart I noticed Conan and Ran. I quickly hid inside the bathroom waiting for the time they went back to their seats.

Deciding it's safe, I left the bathroom and walked upstairs to where I will meet Gin and vodka. I  found them talking to a woman and vodka handing her a black case of a bomb inside It as I remember from the manga and anime.

                          3rd POV

‘This is really annoying can they get a break and I can't remember that much from the case just some fuzzy details, they are planning to bomb her well Conan will prevent it I guess in the end but I don't know how she broke out from her train of thought as the woman went to the next cart and then Gin noticed her, she went to them.
"So what scheme are you planning now ?" She asked them with a bored look as she took the same seat as the woman before.
Vodka was about to tell her but Gin stopped him.
She raised an eyebrow at that.

"Oh so you don't want me to know your plan" she blurted looking around with an innocent expression she continued "understandable who knows maybe if I knew I will accidentally and not internationally ruined it"

'it's not the first time I ruined their plan I kinda do it all the time when we team up and I can't the times Gin tried to kill me for that, I'm alive thanks to the boss, vermouth, and a little bit of blackmailing and sometimes I can get scary and sadistic and fight back' she thought.

"So why did you call me here ?" She asked, tilting her head.
"What are you doing here ?" He asked her.
"I'm on vacation can't I have fun"
He just looked at her unimpressed.
"What ?"
"A warning  don't get involved in this"
"Nah reset assured I'm not planning to," she said to him ' I'm not the one stopping you ' she thought grinning. With that, she stood up waving at them.
And she went back to her cart.
"Aniki Are you sure not to tell her to leave the train at the next station ?" Vodka said and Gin stayed silent looking at the window.
"Aniki…"

Rin sighed as she headed back. That brought her memories of last week when she met Vermouth.

Flashback

Rin received a message from Vermouth. She quit the case to see her entering the taxi. She tapped a reply to her and turned off the phone. After a half-hour of driving, she finally arrived at the hotel where Vermouth is residing temporarily since she was going back to America after 15 days here.

"Hey, aunty Sharon" she hugged her as she opened the door.
Vermouth chuckled "hey little angel" when those two entered the room.

Rin was sitting on the sofa and Sharon handed her a cup of coffee.

"Did you find her localization?" Asked Rin with excitement.
"Yes, here …" she handed her a piece of paper, an address was written inside it.

"Are you sure about doing this….if they found
out" Vermouth said with a worried expression.

"Mou aunty Sharon stop worrying I will be fine I planned this for a long time I can't  give up  now "

"Fine …."

"How about the other thing ?"

"it's ready the only thing left is telling her”

"I Will talk to her tomorrow, I just hope Gin won't notice" the silence fell on them.
"Aunty Sharon thank you for everything …"

Vermouth chuckled, ruffling her hair "anything for my dearest student".