Labyrinth 44

Blood and light

Don't let them touch

It was only a vague whispers

A tiny spark

And they were apart

Trembling footsteps

Hard to be as one

In the end,

It's too hard to reach the end

Blood and light

A flicker of faint light

You and I

We're still apart

Everytime I reach you

I bleed not only tears

This time let me bid

My last farewell.

-inkofdawn

Melody's POV

'Tak!'

'Tak!'

'Tak!'

I have the sight of the drop of water from the ventilation beside the ceiling. I was backed to the present when I shivered due to how cold it was as the wind brushes my skin. And not only that, but also the water we're stepping into. We're now walking in the middle of the corridor. We're finding the 'elevator' as entrepreted from the map, it was something that will take us up. So, it made me arrived to the idea that we were underground? I raised my head in order to have the sight of the ceiling where some of the waters came from. On the top of the wall was the ventilation. I don't know what the right term for those but it oozes out water.

"Lay, ilang oras pa ang natitira sa'tin?" He looked back at me and stopped for awhile.

"Actually, we don't have that time left. We only have 48 minutes." He responded before lowering down his wrist. I bobbed my head. Narinig ko ang pagbuntong hininga ng iba. Napayuko ako nang maramdaman ang mas pagtaas ng tubig. I never thought that the level of the water will not increase, but it was already above my ankle and seems reaching for my knees. This was bad.

"The door..." I heard Damen whispered. He looked confused as he searched for something around. He might be pertaining about one of the landmarks he interpreted from the map. He stopped from his tracks before he quickly headed to somewhere not far from us. Mabilis naman kaming sumunod sa kaniya at gano'n na lang ang pagkamangha ko nang makita ang napakalaking pinto. It was a decorative golden carved wood door— not conveying how elite it looks like. I put my hand on the top of its surface. The tip of my fingers traced the golden pattern it has. Somehow it reminds me of a maze... It has a complicated pattern with curves and some leaves around. It was so detailed and the quality really mesmerized me.

"Was that the exit?!" Abi slightly exclaimed due to excitement.

Damen, on the other hand, pull an object out from his pocket. My brows furrowed but my curiosity was soon answered. A key— the key from the dice game! So, he did kept it. After pulling it out, he inserted it inside the hole beside the door handle. With several twists, the doors swung open. The side of my lips rose before I helped to push the heavy doors. I expected to see the outside world but no... My eyes could only see a glass capsule.

"What was that?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Laine bago lumapit kasama sina Abi at Jax. Maliwanag ang loob ng glass capsule na iyon dahil sa may mga LED lights ang loob. At sa tantya ko nga ay kasya na ang isang tao ro'n eh. Si Damen at Led naman ay may kinukumpuni na na machine sa gilid no'n. I was only left with Lay. But he was busy with his own thoughts. He seems thinking of something based on how serious his eyes were staring in front— which was the glass human-sized capsule. Humakbang ako palapit pero natigilan na lang nang maramdaman muli ang lebel ng tubig. Nanlalaki ang mga matang napayuko ako. Shocks!