Epilogue

Let me pull you,

Let me saved you

From your deep slumber

Which your only escape

From this cruel world.

-Inkofdawn

Laine's POV

The fingers brushing the hair covering my face pulled me up from my deep slumber. But I still don't want to open my eyes just yet. The place I was in was peaceful than the reality I lived in. I'd rather sleep and not wake up anymore.

"Anak... Gising na. Your friends were now waiting for you." My heart leaped a beat. That voice. That was...

"Pasensya na kung umalis ako agad, ha? Kung nagagalit ka kasi iniwan kita agad..." A tear dropped on my cheeks. That made my eyes shot up. With that, a sight of a beautiful face reflecting an older version of mine greeted me. She looked like an angel.

"Sana malaman mo na kahit gano'n mahal na mahal kita..." Her hand gently cupped my cheeks. "Pero hinding-hindi ko pagsisisihan ang araw na 'yon, na mas pinili ko ang buhay mo kaysa sa buhay ko. Mas mahalaga sa'kin ang kasiyahan mo, anak." I didn't realize myself crying while I'm hearing those slipped from her lips. Her voice touches my heart. It was just so calming. I tried to reach for her face and wipe her tears away. How can people love like this? How can we love to the point that it could destruct us?

"Ma... Gusto ko na lang rin maging masaya kasama ka." I could agree how this place was a paradise? If it was, then let me stay here forever.

But she shooked her head disapproving what I had said. She sighed and reached for my hands. Hers was warm. As if she was taking me home. And this was the home I craved in.

"Your dad. Your friends... The people loving you were waiting for you to come back, anak." Ngumiti siya nang matamis. I was stunned. I could only look at her and not say anything anymore. I just missed those genuine smiles so much. If I could only...

"Come back for them na, anak. Don't leave them as I did to you. I hope you understand that I left because I chose you. And you must come back for them because you love them too." My lips parted. Para akong binalik sa realidad ng mga sinabi niya. I might feel worthless for now. I might be giving up but how about those people waiting for me? What about those people who loved me? What about them who I will be left behind?

I was awakened.

"Ma, sobrang miss lang kasi talaga kita..." I broke a cry. I was a crying baby in her arms. But she was patient. She let me pour my heart out. I was so tired of being strong in front of others' eyes. But with her, I could show myself. I could show how painful it was already for me. That her daughter was tired and can no longer keep her facade.

"Alam ko, anak. Someday, we will meet again. But this was not the right time for it, hmm? You need to come back because they were really worried for you. They were waiting for you." I was inhaling her scent. This was really my mom. She was true. I could only nod like a good girl and just hug her tight as I could. Just give me more time. I wanted to treasure this moment right now.

"Salamat, Mama." The last thing I told her was when I felt myself being exhausted as it could be. I tried to reach her again but she was slowly fading.

I was stunned by being pulled back by something so strong and everything was starting to get heavy. I tried to move my fingers and search for anything I could in this darkness.