7

I'm going to say sorry now, I have a feeling this story might shift POVs quite often because I like giving hints as to what sort of things are happening around the center and not just Y/N's POV. I don't know how often it'll occur but just know that I'll always mention whose POV it is when it switches. If I don't mention one, usually at the beginning of a chapter, always assume it's Y/N's. I hope it doesn't confuse you guys too much but please let me know if it does and I'll try to dose things down a little.

(I say this because this chapter has quite a few and I've never really done so many (3 lmao) before so I'd rather you guys expect it to avoid being too confused in the future)

"Alright, slowly, one step at a time" Jimin murmurs as he helps me to my paws, legs shaky but still able to handle my weight.

"Aww rose, you're doing it! You're standing on your own!" Sunoo exclaims happily, hands clapping as if I'm learning to walk for the first time in my life.

Rose, a nickname Sunoo gave me because apparently, that's what I smell like. I wish I could put names on scents as well but my knowledge doesn't allow that just yet. One day for sure, I will too be able to tell what the people around me smell like, both hybrids and humans.

I take a few slow steps but the itch of my stitches is quite annoying. I turn around to try and bite the skin around it to ease some of it but Jimin stops me before I can reach the skin.

"No no sweet girl, I know it's itchy but you can't touch it, we put a cream on it and we need it to stay there, try to ignore it as much as possible, okay?" he says and I grumble before doing as told and focus mostly on walking, although I can't help but shake a leg when it sometimes becomes too much.

We leave the room and the two of them patiently stay by my side, encouragements here and there when I feel like it's just not going to work. I didn't know a single week of not moving at all could make me feel so weak and I hate this feeling. How do I protect if I can't even walk?

"We'll go one day at a time, Rose, don't worry, this is already very good" Sunoo says with a smile and I can tell he means it so I chirp in response, tail swaying in front of him a little perkier.

"We can't go too far like that though, I'm afraid we won't make it to your pack at this rhythm but Jin is supposed to bring Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi later today. Taehyung is showing Jungkook everything he needs to know at the dormitory, you'll probably see him again only tomorrow" Jimin lets out and I have to say, I expected as much. It doesn't look like I can go too far in this state.

I sit down at the side of the corridor, needing to get my breathing back under control before resuming the walk and Jimin crouches next to me, a hand going to scratch one of my ears. "You're doing a good job, sweet girl. I know it's annoying that things can't be easy right at the beginning but don't give up, okay? We'll be right here by your side to help you".

As if I'd give up. Still, I nod my head and watch from the corner of my eyes as he smiles, reassured.

"Oh, Heeseung!" Sunoo suddenly chirps happily and I then notice the new scent adding to the others. Turning my head to see a tall young human coming by, I hide slightly behind Jimin, wary even though I know I shouldn't be, not towards the people here.

Jimin shushes me soothingly, a protective arm around me before bringing his attention to the man named Heeseung.

"Jimin ssi, I'm sorry to bother you but as you asked me to inform you as soon as it would happen... they're going to ask the questions, in a little while". Jimin's whole posture changes at his words, from relaxed to tense and he nods seriously.