14

I almost started to believe I wouldn't be able to make this double update happen today, but I did it! Yay!

Waking up in the morning isn't something hard to do.

When you're used to the sounds of pain, of fear as the walls bang loudly to wake you up, when you experience being beaten up until you open your eyes, you learn to be awake before it reaches that point.

I sit up with a yawn, ears flattening on my head as I stretch to get the sleepiness out of my body, tail curled around my waist before I let my eyes fall on the window that I left half-opened yesterday to get in the fresh outside air.

Wondering what kind of view I'll have this morning and how it might differ from yesterday during the day, I stand up from the bed and walk to it, curtain sliding aside to reveal a dark sky still alight with stars, but the very bottom of it also alight with hints of beautiful colors starting to rise, as if the flowers decided to paint the sky just for my eyes to see.

I remain there, unmoving for many long seconds, maybe even minutes, just taking in this gorgeous sight in front of me. People can see that everyday? Do they get tired of such a view? Do they eventually take it for granted? I hope I never reach that point.

Once I figure that I've had enough staring, I proceed to get changed into a new set of clothes similar to those I was wearing yesterday, the dirty ones put in a weird basket before making my way out of the room only to notice how silent it is, no hints of scents anywhere around me.

Is it too early? Maybe sleeping in a new room made me wake up earlier than usual... I start walking and attempt a look in the kitchen to end up seeing a hybrid humming to himself as he stirs something in a bowl. He must be focused because even as I get closer, he has yet to look up from his task.

I don't know him, but he seems nice so I decide to clear my throat to alert him of my presence as I reach one of the chairs on the other side of the counter in front of him. His ears twitch at the sound and his eyes fall on me in surprise.

"Oh, Y/N right? The snow leopard under Jimin's care? It's still very early, what are you doing up?" he asks, task set aside as he gives me all of his attention, attentive eyes on me as if to try and see if something is wrong.

I let my eyes fall on the different types of food in front of him with a shrug of the shoulders. "I just woke up and... I didn't want to stay in bed doing nothing" I explain softly, hear his hum as he nods to himself.

"Did you have a nightmare?". I shake my head. "No, it's just... I'm used to waking up early" I explain simply. Whether he understands the meaning of these words or not, he decides to not push and instead resumes stirring a white mixture in the bowl.

"It's okay, you can stay here if you want. We're meeting for the first time, aren't we? Let me introduce myself, I'm a polar bear, one of a few in the city, you can call me Moonbin. As you could see, I'm not the best cook there is but I like to push myself to do better anyway, it's nice to finally meet you" he says with a smile.

I nod, unsure of how to proceed next with that introduction. He seems to already know me so I don't think I need to say anything about myself, not that I would know what to say and decide instead to leave the door open so he can keep talking.

"Ah but before you start thinking I'm a bad cook, it's not my main job. I don't have any particular tasks at the moment, but my main job is being a rescuer, just like Jin. I took part in getting you guys out of the circus. Such missions don't happen often so I usually just try to assist where I can in our daily life. I would normally go back home to stay with my pack after a mission, those that don't remain here anyway but there are so many of you this time that I decided to stay instead to help Jin with the meals, it can get exhausting cooking for so many people after all" he explains, voice soft and nonthreatening, something my morning brain appreciates.