17

"Everyone welcome The Joker!" I hear the crowd cheer as I watch powerlessly as Hoseok enters the ring with another hybrid, both with an unnerved and tensed posture, the hyena that has a place in my heart making it beat wildly in fear.

His laughing noises have nothing to do with fun, yet when he does let out his worries, the crowd cheers even louder, The Joker chanted over and over again and making me growl, wishing I could shut them all up.

The sound of firing resounds in the room to announce the start of the battle and Hoseok's cackles reach my ears as he gets the first hit before jumping on his opponent to get in enough hits as well, knowing that if he doesn't, what he'll get behind walls will be much worse than a claw mark on his body.

Going against a powerful tiger is no easy fight for the smaller hybrid and his soon-to-be-heard howls of pain make my blood boil in rage. I try to get through the damn door separating us all from the wide open room where he is but the sound of a whip slicing through the air soon brings with it the painful feeling of skin breaking and bleeding on impact.

Still, what I'm feeling gets pushed to the back of my mind as my senses focus entirely on Hoseok and the ongoing battle that he does his best to win to avoid an additional beating once it's all over.

And as mighty as a tiger is, Hoseok is mightier, the symbol of hope as he doesn't give up and keeps throwing claws and bites at the other hybrid, both of them sad at having to hurt but both not wanting to be the one taken aside at the end only to be punished for not being strong enough.

A high-pitched howl from the hyena gives me chills and when I hear that the battle is over, my blood runs cold at seeing my family member dragged on the floor next to the winning tiger, guilty eyes falling on his opponent who put up a good fight but simply wasn't strong enough.

I growl and yowl at the jailer holding me still and hit against the barrier to reach his side but they manage to keep me away and when the barrier opens, Hoseok's unconscious form is bleeding and vulnerable.

But more is waiting for him and I can only look in fear as he is dragged across the room before I'm forcefully pushed into the show room to reach the ring, my turn having come.

And sadly for my opponent, I have anger as my closest ally right now.

My loud beating heart wakes me up first, then my alerted senses kick in and I unconsciously push Jungkook off me to scramble out of bed and out of the room, wide eyes looking around to find the hyena, needing to protect him, to keep him safe until the danger is over, ears focused on any sounds surrounding me, nose sniffing the air and tail anxiously waving behind me.

"Y/N-"

I start running down the corridor and through the kitchen to reach the other side of the building, the smallest hint of his scent guiding me and as it becomes stronger, I run faster and faster, this urge in me to keep him out of sight and out of reach until the threat is gone.

My eyes fall on his form, brain not registering his human form and seeing in him the wounded hyena who was sent for a beating in his already weak state and when I see a hand reaching to touch him, a loud whiny growl leaves my throat before I snatch him away from the limb that could do anything to him.